Notices

51 hours since last drink

Old 10-30-2017, 05:13 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Stacy don't freaking give in to it. It feels better I promise you as you have already felt it. Stay strong💜 I am only 15 days in and felt the same way but now I feel clear and actually feeling this weird strange feeling called "happy"
Old 10-30-2017, 06:01 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Donnyb View Post
Stacy don't freaking give in to it. It feels better I promise you as you have already felt it. Stay strong💜 I am only 15 days in and felt the same way but now I feel clear and actually feeling this weird strange feeling called "happy"
Thank you....I was close to giving in just now...was trying to convince myself that a small bottle of brandy to use in hot toddys would be ok as I feel so fluey...thought I'd look here first and I think its a sign that I have another lovely message of support at this moment. This is my true test day today I'm fighting this bastard on my shoulder telling me a small ones ok NO ITS NOT OK I wont give in. No no no 😣😣😣😠😠
Old 10-30-2017, 06:05 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Emotional wreck today. This too shall pass 😣😣
Old 10-30-2017, 06:22 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Stacey2017 View Post

I was close to giving in just now...was trying to convince myself that a small bottle of brandy to use in hot toddys would be ok
I do understand for it is so easy to deceive ourselves.
First step -- don't listen to the one in the mirror.
That is the one who has fooled me (us) the most.

Who is a fool?
A fool is one who fools themself.

M-Bob
Old 10-30-2017, 06:51 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mountainmanbob View Post
I do understand for it is so easy to deceive ourselves.
First step -- don't listen to the one in the mirror.
That is the one who has fooled me (us) the most.

Who is a fool?
A fool is one who fools themself.

M-Bob
Absolutely....I will only be fooling myself.... im feeling stronger but this is by far my weakest day to this point... I thought it was seeming to good to be true...my drink devil was just holding out to try catch me and decieve me...but i will win 😠
Old 10-30-2017, 07:07 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

That's it Stacy!! The next minute gets easier which turns into the next hour which gets easier which turns into the next day. Don't get me wrong I'm still early on also and have to fight but it's a bully that the more times you beat it the weaker you begin to see it. You will figure out your way but that's kind of how I look at it to get me through.
Old 10-30-2017, 07:54 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Donnyb View Post
That's it Stacy!! The next minute gets easier which turns into the next hour which gets easier which turns into the next day. Don't get me wrong I'm still early on also and have to fight but it's a bully that the more times you beat it the weaker you begin to see it. You will figure out your way but that's kind of how I look at it to get me through.

Thank you....today is so hard I'm so close to caving in I don't know how I'm not. But I'm not
Old 10-30-2017, 08:02 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

keep fighting Stacy. You can do this. This is the hard part but today you beat it and tomorrow it gets weaker. I know you aren't feeling good but try and eat to take up some of that empty space. It will help with the craving
Old 10-30-2017, 08:17 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Hang in there Stacy! You can do this! The first week is the worst. I know we are all different, but I remember days 4 and 5 being the worst.

Sadly I am on day 2 again. So not looking forward to this week myself. Had 5 days afree last week and caved.
Old 10-30-2017, 08:34 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Hello again Stacey...

Sorry you are still feeling rubbish.
You/we have to face the fact that the years of abuse we put our poor bodies through , is not going to vanish overnight. I so wish it did.
Our bodies... our heads... have a big massive job to heal themselves...and get back to anything near normal... but they will. And it will take time.
I am on week 7... and I feel soooo much better... but I would be lying to you if I said I feel anywhere near 100%. I get headaches.. dizziness.. and still occasionally get brain fog. But the bad days are getting less and less. But each day/week that passes, I certainly feel a bit better. That is what keeps me going. Obviously that's just the physical stuff. . Our self esteem... our relationships... just our LIVES are also getting the benefit of staying sober.
Don't be so hard on yourself. You are doing a fantastic job. Rest, eat well, exercise, drink lots of water... keep busy... Grit your teeth.
You CAN do this... I KNOW you can. Love and hugs. xxx P.
Old 10-30-2017, 10:49 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Stacey2017 View Post
Thank you....today is so hard I'm so close to caving in I don't know how I'm not. But I'm not

Just......keep.......going!!!!!

I wanted to die on days 3 to 5. Then, I started to feel better. I'm on two years now and know I can't ever go back. You are close to clearing the dreaded physical withdrawal. Go for walks, anything to distract. Don't....give......in!!!!!
Old 10-30-2017, 11:14 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

jkirk said it all.

JUST

Keep

GOING

!!!!
Old 10-31-2017, 01:32 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

I fell 😢😢😢 I'm so ashamed. Drunk and ashamed
Old 10-31-2017, 01:34 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry for shoving everyone's support down the toilet basically. I'm a joke
Old 10-31-2017, 01:54 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

You don't owe anybody an apology, Stacey. You will see that the common link among folks with significant sober time is not that they never failed, it's that they were willing to get back up and try again after they fell down, sometimes over and over again, until they found success. Forget about guilt and shame, just get back up. You can do this.
Old 10-31-2017, 02:15 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Yes, you can do this Stacey. Any thoughts at all that you can't and any doubt in your ability to do this is your Addictive Voice (AV).

Try not to fight these thoughts and feelings, just let them rise, crest and fall away just like waves, and the same with any cravings.

These are ideas from AVRT and urge surfing which really helped me, especially in the early days.

Another thing that helped me was something I read here that no-one ever wakes up in the morning regretting that they didn't drink the night before!

And most importantly keep posting. Lots of people here can and will help you.
Old 10-31-2017, 03:00 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Stacey - you're disappointed, but you're learning something. I was a slow learner and had setbacks too - but each time I grew a little more determined to make it. I drank 30 yrs. & now have almost 10 sober - something I never dreamed could happen. Never give up on a better life for yourself. There's no doubt this can be done. Keep talking to us.
Old 10-31-2017, 03:12 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Stacey,

No need to be ashamed. It happens. But think about this, you were able to go a long while sober. So you are clearly capable. Heck, I haven't put together 50 days since, well, I don't know when. Jus think of this as a minor hiccup, and resume the sobriety you successfully put together.

I wish I had your strength.
Old 10-31-2017, 04:29 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Stacy

many of us faltered a time or two.
We don't shoot our wounded

I'm glad you made it back.

Maybe look at whatever you were doing to stay sober and accept you need to do more, or at least something different this time?

Any ideas?

D
Old 10-31-2017, 05:53 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Hi Stacy, glad to see you posted again! Was wondering how you were. Someone said recently on here "failure is a bruise, not a tattoo" and that kind of stuck. Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and keep trying. We have all fallen.