Notices

Day 2 failed

Old 10-24-2017, 04:41 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 2 failed

Hi all.
Firstly a big thankyou to ALL who have beaten the liquid devil. A term I saw on a post, oh yes he is a devil.

Second, thankyou to all who have and continueto post and be exposed to this world, you really are an inspiration.

Third, to myself. Tomorrow is a new day, you made one day (how weak! But still a record in a long time)

Tomorrow. A new day. I intend to post on the 24 hr thread at the END of the day as a success.

I may have failed today but I will not be beaten.
No excuses.
I feel ashamed and weak.
Old 10-24-2017, 04:53 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Never give up whendovescry - think about adding something new to your toolbox this time tho maybe ?

I think we owe it to ourselves to do more than simply just trying again

D
Old 10-24-2017, 04:58 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Never give up whendovescry - think about adding something new to your toolbox this time tho maybe ?

I think we owe it to ourselves to do more than simply just trying again

D
Thank you Dee! I have already,I've organised my Mum to come over when I get home from work tomorrow to watch a show with me. She doesn't drink and I won't around her.

I never realised how hard it would be. One split second moment decision that no matter how hard I reasoned could not change.

The thoughts that went through my head today.

To see so many on here day 1 or day 500 gives me inspiration.
Old 10-24-2017, 05:03 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

make use of those threads you looked at too, It's a great 'starter pack' IMO.

D
Old 10-24-2017, 05:04 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Whendovescry View Post

Firstly a big thankyou to ALL who have beaten the liquid devil.

Tomorrow is a new day, you made one day (how weak! But still a record in a long time)
You remind me of me for I remember the times in which I couldn't even get a day sober. I would wake up and say not today and before I knew it had a beer in my hand.

So you did one day sober -- that is great -- and when you get two or three days sober you will be amazed I think as I was.

Don't ever give up and keep trying.

Good luck,
M-Bob
Old 10-24-2017, 05:09 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Glad you are WDC. It took me a few tries to get going and giving up wine was challenging. BUT no shame, getting rid of the foggy brain, sleeping better, the emotional swings leveled out, all was worth while to push through the first month. You brain will heal and you mind will clear. Life is awesome alcohol free. Stay strong develop your plan and post here often.
Old 10-24-2017, 05:12 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thank you both M Bob and Dee. Unfortunatley I don't know how to be sober.
I tried on a dress today for an awards night I have been nominated at in a few weeks and was so proud of myself to think I will be there. Maybe my 'bloating' will have subsided.

How has it come to this?
I was raised in an alcohol free home.
I have a professional career that I am truly good at and passionate about.
I have two beautiful children who mean the world to me.

I manage! It all.
Yet I know I am alcoholic.
No excuses.

I want and need to change.
Old 10-24-2017, 05:15 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome back!I'm so glad you came right back! Your sobriety needs to be the most important thing in your life! Best wishes for you on your journey!
Old 10-24-2017, 05:21 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SimplyFree View Post
Glad you are WDC. It took me a few tries to get going and giving up wine was challenging. BUT no shame, getting rid of the foggy brain, sleeping better, the emotional swings leveled out, all was worth while to push through the first month. You brain will heal and you mind will clear. Life is awesome alcohol free. Stay strong develop your plan and post here often.
Thankyou SimplyFree. I have started a blog and want to develop a plan. The thing is I feel so ashamed. I don't want to admit to anyone that I have a problem. After all I'm doing ok right?
No I am not.

How many times does it take, I know that is a stupid ? Everyone is different.

It is like I am waiting for rock bottom and I know I am smarter than that.

I actually feel ashamed to post on here saying this, with so many people who have done it.

But I know I need to hear hard truths and also see it is possible.
Old 10-24-2017, 05:35 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thankyou SimplyFree. I have started a blog and want to develop a plan. The thing is I feel so ashamed. I don't want to admit to anyone that I have a problem. After all I'm doing ok right?
No I am not.

How many times does it take, I know that is a stupid ? Everyone is different.

It is like I am waiting for rock bottom and I know I am smarter than that.

I actually feel ashamed to post on here saying this, with so many people who have done it.

But I know I need to hear hard truths and also see it is possible.
Please don't be ashamed... there are many on here that yes, have a fantastic amount of time under their belt, but there are also many on here, me included, that have had many day 1,s ...I only joined in June and have had 2 relapses already... but i'm now on week 6. each relapse taught me something . I thought I was functioning and was doing really well in my career, but alcohol doesn't give a toss. Black/white/rich/poor/ career/ stay at home mum... it's out to destroy us all. Don't wait for Rock Bottom.... as I found out, it has a basement.
You can do this. One day.. even one hour at a time.
So much love to you. xxxx P.
Old 10-24-2017, 05:52 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pebbles666 View Post
Please don't be ashamed... there are many on here that yes, have a fantastic amount of time under their belt, but there are also many on here, me included, that have had many day 1,s ...I only joined in June and have had 2 relapses already... but i'm now on week 6. each relapse taught me something . I thought I was functioning and was doing really well in my career, but alcohol doesn't give a toss. Black/white/rich/poor/ career/ stay at home mum... it's out to destroy us all. Don't wait for Rock Bottom.... as I found out, it has a basement.
You can do this. One day.. even one hour at a time.
So much love to you. xxxx P.
Thank you so much Pebbles.
The love I have for my children, my job and life just goes without saying. The fact that I come on here and see so many success stories gives me hope. Week 6 is a dream to me atm, well done.

Big thankyou for your reply.
No excuses tomorrow.
Old 10-24-2017, 06:15 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Don't ever give up. Ever.
Old 10-24-2017, 06:16 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I think you have to tell someone. Looks like you're in AUS? I don't know how the healthcare system works there, but there are short-term meds that are very inexpensive to help you through the detox process so your body isn't screaming out for relief.

If you've been drinking a lot, you may need a little medical help. No shame in that, it may be a physical dependence.

You can do it. If I did it, you can. Go!
Old 10-24-2017, 06:18 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberclover View Post
Don't ever give up. Ever.
I won't soberclover. Thank you!
May I one day in the near future refer to myself as SoberWhendovescry.
Old 10-24-2017, 06:22 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
I think you have to tell someone. Looks like you're in AUS? I don't know how the healthcare system works there, but there are short-term meds that are very inexpensive to help you through the detox process so your body isn't screaming out for relief.

If you've been drinking a lot, you may need a little medical help. No shame in that, it may be a physical dependence.

You can do it. If I did it, you can. Go!
Thank you biminblue
Yes I am in Aus. Not sure I am ready to get outside help, Ms I can do it and all.
But just if I did it you can helps.
Old 10-24-2017, 06:24 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Thank you biminblue
Yes I am in Aus. Not sure I am ready to get outside help, Ms I can do it and all.
Yeah, I didn't get any medical help either - but I'm a serious anti-med person.

You can do it.

Go to bed sober tonight. Put some clean sheets on the bed and sprinkle a little scented powder on your side of the bed. Just don't pick up a drink today.
Old 10-24-2017, 06:33 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Thank you biminblue
I should have said earlier lovely, as biminblue rightly pointed out,that indeed there are meds that can help. I went cold turkey, which is not recommended and can be very dangerous, but I kept in the back of my mind that if things got really bad, I would go to hospital . Drink LOTS of water, rest if you can, eat well, sleep, but please get some medical help if you need it.. I was drinking a huge litre bottle of vodka a day at the end....literally for breakfast.. It crept up on me. As others have said...if we can do it...you can. Stay close. Xxxx hugs. Xxx
Old 10-24-2017, 06:39 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

This was me yesterday, and a million times before. You are not a failure, you are here, and you havent given up . One day is very good! Keep it going. You / we can do this.