Notices

30 Days and a Departure

Old 10-23-2017, 06:56 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

30 Days and a Departure

Good morning ( I am in MN, USA it is currently 8:45 am ) to all you beautiful SR peeps!!!

Today marks 30 days of my sobriety! Yippie!! I made it to the second milestone, with many more to come. The first being day 1 and accepting my true fate of being an alcoholic. Currently a recovering alcoholic~ As I am in recovery.
Either way, I am no longer a practicing alcoholic and that makes me and all those around me more joyful.

Departure: Today is the day my Mom leaves to her home in Florida. She actually left my house last night to stay in a hotel. As some of you may know I have had issues while she was staying with me, boundaries crossed, lying, drunk driving, a bunch of toxic energy floating through out my house.
Last night, she wanted to spend time with my son, I allowed it while the BF and I went to dinner. A quiet dinner just him and I. That was a glorious thing, we were able to have conversation with out food being thrown at us, him not wanting to sit and walk around the entire establishment. It was great! When we went to pick up our son, my mom basically pushed us out the door. I was upset, for a minuet but I remember NO MORE MOTHER!!! This was exciting. We left just as fast as she was pushing us out. I am not sure when I will speak to her again or see her. But I am happy to have my home back.

IN the last 30 days I have been tested emotionally, physically and spiritually. Never once did I cave into the low point and grab a drink. Now, what I did do was stress eat, stop working out (it's been 4 days), attended meetings, come here often and judge others around me (friends, mother, people around me)
I am not sure how to NOT judge others around me... I have always done this, if you have any advice on how to STOP judging people around me, my ears and mind are open to this. This seems to be a personal issue, that I would like to stop. Thank you in advance.

Today I am getting back on track with working out, eating right and I will get the house back in order. I took today off of work so I am able to decompress, meditate, work out and clean. I get to shampoo the carpets, yippie, lol. All of this is better than what I used to do, day drink, alone. That actually sounds miserable on so many levels.

Thank you for allowing me to share. Thank you for the past 30 days and sharing your strength, hope and experience. Y'all have helped me so much to stay sober.

Cheers, with my coffee !

Old 10-23-2017, 07:26 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congratulations. Your post is very uplifting.
Old 10-23-2017, 08:28 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congratulations, Dream Catcher on 30 days with many more wonderful sober days to come! Not judging others is hard-I still do it a bit myself -I do try to empathize with what they may be going through but concentrate on myself, which keeps me plenty busy.
Old 10-23-2017, 03:49 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on 30 days - and good news on that departure DC

D
Old 10-23-2017, 05:48 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Congrats DC!!! I'm so happy for you!
Old 10-23-2017, 05:54 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

We're so glad you're here, DreamCatcher. 30 days is something to be so proud of. We know how hard you worked for it.