Notices

worried about my sister

Old 10-21-2017, 06:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

worried about my sister

Haven't heard from my sister in a while. Called twice and left messages. E-mailed her twice but nothing. She has many physical and mental issues. Don't know what to do. She lives in Minneapolis and I'm in Tampa. My brother lives near her but he's no use. Might call the manager of her apartment if I don't hear from her soon, or maybe call the police to check on her. I know she would hate me doing this but I don't know what else to do. As far as family goes, she is all I have left. Mother gone. Father gone. She has to be all right, right? Maybe she lost her phone. I've done that. Maybe her internet connection is out. Happe ns. I lost my mother several years ago. Can't deal with another loss. I just can't. If something should happen to my sister, I'm totally on my own. She just can't go before me. I know how this sounds, but it's my true feelings. I need someone out there that really cares about me. If anything should happen to her, than I'm truly alone. I just wish somebody would knock on my door or call me to tell me everything is gonna be all right. Just wanted to share. John
Old 10-21-2017, 07:03 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Somebody tell me I'm worried about nothing. John
Old 10-21-2017, 07:03 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Does your sister usually call you right back? If so, calling the police or her apartment manager sounds like a good idea.

If she is okay, and is upset by your concern, she will likely get over it.

Let us know, John.
Old 10-21-2017, 07:05 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 2muchpain View Post
Somebody tell me I'm worried about nothing. John
While it is most likely nothing, because she has physical and mental issues, to me your concern is valid, John.
Old 10-21-2017, 07:32 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

It's probably nothing. But, if I were you, I'd make other calls to have someone check. Best wishes for both of you.
Old 10-21-2017, 08:08 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Mr

I think you should make the calls too.
Call the appartment to say you are trying to get à message to .....
Old 10-21-2017, 08:25 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

This has happened before so I shouldn't be so worried about it. But this time, it's longer than normal. It's Saturday, so I'll wait a few more days and call her again, but if I don't hear from her than, than I need to do something. Unfortunately, due to her mental problems, it's unlikely she would tell me what's going on. We are close but she is very parinoid (sp) and keeps most things to herself cause she thinks everybody is out to get her. That's what worries me the most. Can't count on her to tell me what's going on. She's afraid of being involuntary hospitalized. John
Old 10-22-2017, 12:21 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi John

I agree it's probably nothing, but if it's concerning you by all means make the calls.

Best wishes to both you and your sister

D
Old 10-22-2017, 01:25 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Some times ... When I am depressed or dealing with issues ... I won't talk to my family for weeks on end. Of course, I will usually return calls within a few days ....

But as a person who has my issues with not always responding quickly ... I would not mind them calling the police for a well check or the apartment manager.

I am sure that everything is fine ... But you deserve peace-of-mind too.
Old 10-22-2017, 01:29 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hi John

I feel same as you but like you say worth contacting the building manager to look in on her or the police.
Old 10-22-2017, 06:31 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I'll give her today to get back to me. If I don't hear from her, I'm gonna call the apartment manager tomorrow. Thanks for all your support. John
Old 10-22-2017, 07:43 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I'd make those calls too if you don't hear from her.
Old 10-22-2017, 10:17 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

If it's a genuine concern and you have a gut feeling....

I would probably ring as if they were lying there injured because they had fallen or something and I had not rung and they died or whatever....

Only saying that as the old man had a stroke in his bed, fell out of the bad and some how managed to roll under the bed. He lives alone (mother and father separated).....the mother called him for something and knew something was up when 1. he didn't answer 2. he didn't call back (which was out of character) so she asked my younger brother to go check on him....

.....eight hours under the bed. stroke and paralyzed down one side.

however, only you would know yourself in this case if it's a general concern.

do you have any pets?
Old 10-22-2017, 10:25 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

This has happened before so I shouldn't be so worried about it. But this time, it's longer than normal. It's Saturday, so I'll wait a few more days and call her again, but if I don't hear from her than, than I need to do something. Unfortunately, due to her mental problems, it's unlikely she would tell me what's going on. We are close but she is very parinoid (sp) and keeps most things to herself cause she thinks everybody is out to get her. That's what worries me the most. Can't count on her to tell me what's going on. She's afraid of being involuntary hospitalized. John
Please let us know, John.

She is in my prayers.
Old 10-22-2017, 10:27 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Divijata View Post
If it's a genuine concern and you have a gut feeling....

I would probably ring as if they were lying there injured because they had fallen or something and I had not rung and they died or whatever....

Only saying that as the old man had a stroke in his bed, fell out of the bad and some how managed to roll under the bed. He lives alone (mother and father separated).....the mother called him for something and knew something was up when 1. he didn't answer 2. he didn't call back (which was out of character) so she asked my younger brother to go check on him....

.....eight hours under the bed. stroke and paralyzed down one side.

however, only you would know yourself in this case if it's a general concern.

do you have any pets?
No, no pets right now but considering it. I just sent another message to my sister. If that doesn't work, I'll call her again tomorrow. If that doesn't work, than I'll have no choice but to call the apartment manager. She's probably fine and will be really angry with me if I do this, but enough is enough. She's 65 with all kinds of problems. Looking at flights to Minneapolis if necessary. Sent her a package twice and was returned to me. She said she never got it but the invoice said it was delivered to the office where she lives. I think she's off her meds. Let me tell ya, schizophrenia is no joke. John
Old 10-22-2017, 10:31 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Really wish I could call my brother. He lives fairly close to her, but he wrote her off a long time ago. Just me and her. John
Old 10-22-2017, 10:33 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

No, no pets right now but considering it. I just sent another message to my sister. If that doesn't work, I'll call her again tomorrow. If that doesn't work, than I'll have no choice but to call the apartment manager. She's probably fine and will be really angry with me if I do this, but enough is enough. She's 65 with all kinds of problems. Looking at flights to Minneapolis if necessary. Sent her a package twice and was returned to me. She said she never got it but the invoice said it was delivered to the office where she lives. I think she's off her meds. Let me tell ya, schizophrenia is no joke. John
I am so sorry, John.
Old 10-22-2017, 02:16 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

GREAT NEWS!!!! I just finished talking to my sister. She's doing fine. She said that she's just been busy and never got around to calling me back. After telling her how worried I was and was gonna call the manager, I think she'll be a little quicker getting back to me. Man, I was ready to book a flight to Minneapolis. What a relief. John
Old 10-22-2017, 02:27 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Great news John. Glad she is safe and ok.
C
Old 10-22-2017, 03:10 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

I'm glad you heard back from her and she's ok