Notices

Is there a single thing that was so huge for you

Old 10-20-2017, 03:41 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I did something that I NEVER EVER dreamt I would do because I was drunk...when I think of it I feel physically sick (don't worry I didnt kill anyone). So (a) I never wanted to make such a mistake again and (b) stopping drinking was a very real way to show myself that I truly regretted my actions and that I was going to learn from it.

Plus the anxiety I would experience after drinking was just unbearable!
Old 10-20-2017, 04:07 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Really bad things can happen when alcohol is involved, it could be a day like any other, then eight hours later (or less) you can be behind bars for a long time, you can lose a really good job, huge attorney bills, your face and name can be all over the news and internet, you can get denied places to live because of your background, you can be turned downed for any new job. Probation could be waiting for you to make a mistake and put you back behind bars, it all starts with a drink. and you wish you could turn back time
Old 10-20-2017, 05:13 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Administrator

I love my life and I like who I am sober

D
Old 10-20-2017, 05:26 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I knew some kind of end was coming the last six months of my drinking - somehow. I believe it was heading (quickly) toward quitting or death....and sparing all the details leading up to the day I quit, the "final" kicker was my new liver dr.

After a fall at work- by this time I was some degree of drunk most every hour of the day- I went to my GP who sent me straight to a liver dr. He gave me the talking to of my life and for some reasons - certainly God involved, IMO- I HEARD him when he looked at me and said he gave me a year, 18 mo to live if I didn't quit. I had no idea what my future would bring sober, but I knew I wanted it more than certain death by drinking - I didn't want to be dead by 40.
Old 10-20-2017, 06:07 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Single biggest thing for me was the realization that I was committing slow suicide by drinking once I felt my health start to decline. I decided that I should either end it all properly, or have another go at finding some purpose to life. Alcohol was the common denominator of everything wrong in my life, so here I am
Old 10-20-2017, 06:16 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gabe1980 View Post
Constantly feeling ashamed. Ashamed to be my husbands wife and ashamed how I had been living for so long. And fear, its exhausting being afraid all the time.
Ditto