Notices

Need some help in how to address this issue

Old 10-18-2017, 08:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Need some help in how to address this issue

I have 20 months of sobriety.And I'm a manager at a sober living program I work with 10 SMI ladies that are n recovery. And my boyfriend lives with me and I didn't tell my manager or ask her but she knows I have a boyfriend.So today my manager offers to pay for a motel for us.Asked my sponsor. How should I go about telling her my boyfriend lives here. My manager knows I do my job and trust me.And my sponsor say I'm being dishonest because I have not told my manager my boyfriend lives here.Im so confused need feedback advice and how should I tell my manager
Old 10-18-2017, 08:33 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome donielled

you posted in our chat admin forum, which is not the chat room, so I moved your post here.

I'm not familiar with sober houses at all. I presume it's against the rules to have your bf there?

as a Manager there I think you need to follow the rules - otherwise why should any of the people under you follow them?

I'd be honest with your manager.

D
Old 10-18-2017, 08:39 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Life Goes On

Agree with Dee. If you can't tell your manager, then your boyfriend needs to move out. I'd be surprised if your manager would be ok with it, though. Isn't that why you didn't ask in the first place? Because you suspected that would be the case? It doesn't make sense to me to have a non-staff adult male residing in a female recovery household.

If I were you, I'd tell my boyfriend he needs to move now (and I wouldn't tell my manager unless she asked). If she asks you, you need to be honest.

O
Old 10-19-2017, 06:26 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

you say youre a manager at a SL living house- do you live there?
if ya dont live there- are living in your own place- then its not managements business.
if youre living in a SL house and the arrangement isnt within the rules of the Sl house, then that i could see as a problem.

if that be the case,imo it would be best to do a little stepwork and find out why the dishonesty, then approach the manager.
Old 10-19-2017, 11:18 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Dee makes a great point.

I would imagine in an all women's facility men would not be allowed for overnights.
You too, must follow the rules.
Old 10-19-2017, 11:31 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Your manager will not trust you after finding out your BF has been living at the sober house with you. Could be no job soon. Move BF out ASAP.