Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

Day 30, and the roller coaster is shrinking into a park slide.

Notices

Old 10-18-2017, 07:01 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

So, after tapering for a few weeks down to 3 coors lights a night, I got sick, and found out it was pneumonia. I still have a minor cough, but things could have become worse if I'd been drinking. I'm just keeping it going for now. Not sure if it's the best method, but I haven't been looking at my plan or writing in my journal. I'll start doing that now that the white-knuckle bit is waning.

One thing that's crazy is that I'm used to sudden ups and downs through my day, and fighting it. I feel like I've hit just below the middle mark of feeling good and just sitting there. Otherwise things are good apart from my new addiction to buying electronics. I have 3 iphones, and don't need them. Now I'm in a position where I'll be late for rent. I haven't been late on rent in my life. I have a car payment too.

I'm eating a lot of ice cream and chocolate, but need to go to the dentist due to knocking out a tooth.

I'm not really worried, but my manic productivity from previous times stopping never showed up. I want to sleep a lot, but get up after 4-5 hours.

This is weird, but I'm sober... Longest sober stint in years.

I guess I'm just going to keep it up. I'm starting to feel better.
Old 10-18-2017, 08:28 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

C oingrats on 30 days

Yeah I'd look at your plan - so you see how there's a lot of obsessive behaviour there, even if it's not drinking?

You're also kinda going with the flow, not really doing much for your recovery but it's working out.

while thats fine in the sense you're not drinking- what happens when you're sorely tempted again?

You need to nut out strategies for those times when you feel healthy again, or when life's not uneventful, I think?

D
Old 10-19-2017, 07:01 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yeah. I need to look at my plan, which I'm doing right now. I'm feeling some craving at 31 days, and almost caved in, but I've found a quick insulin spike helps in the early days, so I got a soda. I've been eating a lot of chocolate at night just to treat myself.

I live such an unstructured life. Maybe a little structure would help with my eating, and other habits.

I've been having Socratic conversations at work, which have been frustrating, and I haven't been able to find decent vocabulary, or flow of thought.

Food is starting to taste better.

Thanks Dee!.. and everyone else of course!
Old 10-19-2017, 07:13 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congratulations on reaching 30 days

Keep going!

I've got the 30day mark in site lol. Day 9 for me, determined to keep going...

K x
Old 10-19-2017, 07:24 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on the first of many sober months! Keep going, it gets better.