Notices

Need support - hour by hour.

Old 10-20-2017, 07:07 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry that you relapsed. Please don't hesitate to go to the ER or call your dr if you're concerned. I hope that you can start finding healthy ways to deal with anxiety.
Old 10-20-2017, 07:12 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

I've been reading these posts, and man, I can certainly relate to everything that you are going through. Reading all of this, reminds me of how good it feels to be sober after a long road with booze. ( not rubbing it in, just sayin')

I think the advice people have given you is spot on. The best thing you can do is to take care of yourself-- stay hydrated, and eat. Even if it is tomato soup at 9am!!! Eventually, your appetite will come back to you.

We all find or found things to take your mind off drinking. I had to come up with creative things to talk myself out of going to the store to get my Vodka, sometimes as early as 8am. Coloring, ( yes, as hokey as that sounds is very beneficial), walks, cleaning--- even if it is one room at a time.

Day 1 always sucks-- but every day after that gets better!!!!!

Hang in there. Keep posting and reading here-- that was also one thing that helped. We are all here-- rooting for you, every step of the way!
Old 10-20-2017, 07:12 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

I just don't feel so bad to have to go to the DR, and honestly I can't afford it.
Old 10-20-2017, 07:30 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Life Goes On

Ok, so...

What qualifies as "bad enough?"

My experience with medical bills is that if I pay something every month, that is sufficient and I don't get collection calls. The hospital doesn't even charge interest. Some clinics might, but they are also presumably less expensive. I hate to say it, but your best bet is the ED. Hospitals write off charges in huge quantities because some people simply don't/can't pay.
Old 10-20-2017, 07:51 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

I'm not going to the ER. My heart rate is fine, I'm staying sober. I'm not going to pay $1000 just to be given 10 ativan. Also, I just don't have the energy. I've done this 100 times before. I believe I will be fine. If it takes a turn for the worse, I PROMISE I will go. I've only gotten DT's twice and that's when I was drinking heavily for months and years daily. I have faith, been doing a lot of praying. I'm a lot more positive than I was a few days ago, especially with my anxiety. Just gotta get through day one. If I make it through day one, I'm usually good to go and honestly I don't even want to drink. I'm looking forward to a new chapter in my life.
Old 10-20-2017, 08:00 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Vegit8 View Post
I am on day 1 too. It sucks. I'll be here is you need to chat.
Day 1 here AGAIN too. Want this to be my last day 1
Old 10-20-2017, 08:15 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

We can do it!
Old 10-20-2017, 08:43 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Life Goes On

Ok
Old 10-20-2017, 10:02 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  
AA Member

i see theres a huge aa fellowship in your area

89 meetings in columbia

its like a big fun sober social club

Find a Meeting - South Carolina Alcoholics Anonymous Area 62
Old 10-20-2017, 10:53 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

@January funny you say that cause I'm going to go to a meeting tomorrow. I used to be involved in, NA when I was sober for two years. Very involved actually. I prefer, NA because it seems a little more liberal than AA. After all, "alcohol is a drug". I stopped attending meetings when my sponser admitted that he was still using and I was having several people coming to me and telling me he was telling them about conversations we had. It was very uncomfortable. I enjoyed it though. Haven't really been back in three years and that's pretty evident to me why I was chronically relapsing.

I went to Taco Bell about an hour ago and got me 2 very large meals. I need to actively replenish what my body last over the past 11 days. I noticed that my skin is extremely oily and my scalp is very dry. I scratched my head and it was almost like it was snowing. Nasty. I started cleaning up my mess from the past few weeks and started removing trash from my apartment for a more calming and cleaner space. I think I'm going to take another shower soon because I feel so sticky. As I stated before, I'm having very minimal anxiety - which is amazing! I feel a lot more positive and am accepting my mistakes rather than dwelling on them. Everything is going to work out. It's gonna be what I make it, and I obviously need to make very large changes.
Old 10-20-2017, 05:38 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by Pajanickah View Post
I'm not going to the ER. My heart rate is fine, I'm staying sober. I'm not going to pay $1000 just to be given 10 ativan. Also, I just don't have the energy. I've done this 100 times before. I believe I will be fine. If it takes a turn for the worse, I PROMISE I will go. I've only gotten DT's twice and that's when I was drinking heavily for months and years daily. I have faith, been doing a lot of praying. I'm a lot more positive than I was a few days ago, especially with my anxiety. Just gotta get through day one. If I make it through day one, I'm usually good to go and honestly I don't even want to drink. I'm looking forward to a new chapter in my life.
not trying to change your mind, but I feel like I should add this for others reading.

My withdrawals got worse the more years I drank. It's called Kindling.

I detoxed alone at home many times with no apparent ill effect, but my last detox nearly killed me.

If it's only the cost of a Drs bill stopping anyone, I recommend you
go and see someone anyway.

I wish I had. My health will never be the same again.

D