Notices

Class of October 2017 Support Thread pt. 2

Old 10-18-2017, 11:42 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
good to see you Taplow

Stay strong Darlad

hey charliesworld - why mot make a plan anyway just in case you do get some invites or find yourself suddenly surrounded by drinkers?

thats easy to have happen over xmas?

D
D
Thanks Dee. I need to come up with something. I don't want friends to think I'm letting them down because I turn down invites. We rarely have nights out. Last night they were talking about doing something for Christmas as it'd been too long. I didn't say anything. I'm lucky really because I'm not surrounded by drinkers, in fact I don't really know anyone that drinks heavily. That's what makes me so isolated with my problem too though because I've no-one to relate to.
Old 10-18-2017, 11:54 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Morning.

Another early wake up for me and another early start in the office.

I'm struggling a bit this morning. My OH will be away next week for 1 night and the kids are on half term. I'm determined not to but the temptation is there to have a drink the night he's away. I can get through the night itself but I don't want to spend the next few days fighting with myself in my head. It's exhausting. I need to come up with something to look forward to.
Old 10-19-2017, 12:26 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi charliesworld

My advice is to take the option of drinking off the table completely - don't even enter a dialogue with yourself - accept and insist that you will not drink, no matter what.

Make a plan to back that commitment up, and start working on the plan now, not next week.

You can do this.

D
Old 10-19-2017, 01:53 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Just checking in early this morning. Been having a bout with my arthritis. Trying to keep active and work thru the pain. Thankfully the weather is warm here in WI so my hands are not as stiff. But, my joints are swollen.
Besides that I am ready to make it a golden day! Love to you all, my lovely classmates!!
Old 10-19-2017, 02:39 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope you feel better soon Chloe Rose

D
Old 10-19-2017, 02:39 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Day 8, 2:15am woke up.....again in the middle of the night. Gearing up around 8am for a bike ride. The weather now in California is perfect for it and going into my 2nd week sober I'm committing myself back to exercising - something that I enjoy but have been putting off for way too long. Well, back to sleep and some crazy dreams....
Old 10-19-2017, 03:53 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Great to hear LuLu

I'm day 8 too as you know but still so exhausted, I think I'm going to get a check with the Doctors, just general blood tests, this level of tiredness is crazy, I can hardly function at all but my minds positive. Like you I'm looking forward to getting back into exercise I can't wait.

I'm having little walks with my dog but very short, feel exhausted after nothing at all. Once I feel better I'm going to start running again and swimming.

I'm taking a high strength Vitamin B complex now so maybe that will help.

Hope you have a lovely day and enjoy your bike ride

Keep in touch - We can do this!!!! Sober happy life ahead x
Old 10-19-2017, 04:22 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Day 4 today. Feeling very tired and fluey. Doctor gave me something for sleep and anxiety for a few days but think it's making me feel groggy in the morning . Will take it tonight and tomorrow to get me past the 5 day mark then stop. Had been drinking nearly two bottles of wine a night so was worried about withdrawal symptoms and blood pressure. Hoping tomorrow will be a better day.
Old 10-19-2017, 04:25 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Administrator

Get well soon atwitsend
Old 10-19-2017, 04:40 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Day 5
Listening to AV this morning more than I should... trying to stay strong.
Old 10-19-2017, 04:43 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Morning all,

Checkin in on the morning of day 16.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Brighten
Old 10-19-2017, 04:43 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Hi all. Have spent most of a week away from this group, which may have been a mistake. On day 4 now. Hoping to make changes to my daily life that will build sober muscle before the holidays get here. Wish everyone else a great day!
Old 10-19-2017, 04:52 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Morning class. Checking in after my slip Monday night, which I posted about. Trying not to beat myself up, but also not wanting to shrug if off. Reminded me how it is SO freaking easy to slide quickly down that slope into the abyss. It’s like jumping out of a plane and KNOWING I don’t have a parachute on. Yes, the definition of insanity.

Glad to be back and feeling better. Good to see all of the great progress and encouraging posts. Welcome all newcomers, as well.

Have a good day everyone. BC
Old 10-19-2017, 04:52 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Day 12. I've stopped drinking, that's it. No struggles because it's not an option. The door isn't slightly ajar. It's closed forever. I've had enough. No debates because there's no point. It's over. Maybe that's why I'm finding it easy; because of it not being a possibility there's no bargaining going on.
There needn't be a struggle. Just make it an inviolable rule. No more. Because once you go into those debates you're finished. A tiny bit of doubt, a little crack in the dam, it's going to be over.
Drinking's crap It's not living is it? I feel differently this time. I'm not seeing it as if I'm sacrificing some pleasurable thing.
Normally I'd say, I hope I can keep this going. But there's no hope at all. It's completely up to me.
I don't know what I want to do, but it's not this.
Best wishes all. Hope you can get past this.
Old 10-19-2017, 05:35 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Good morning group.
I had to look up my clean date, again. My sleep is still disturbed and still a bit shaky, but my sweats have diminished substantially. I look forward to sleeping - all night long!
It is day 9 and today is my job interview. It's kind of an irony that I will have to take a drug test. It feels good to know I will pass it!
I'll check in later.
Be safe in your travels. Peace.
Old 10-19-2017, 05:43 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Good luck at the interview, waxfruit. Sounds like something I would love.

Well done on Day 9.
Old 10-19-2017, 05:45 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  
Administrator

best wishes waxfruit

D
Old 10-19-2017, 05:52 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Still day 8, now 5:40am woke up again. This time from a bad dream - I ended up screaming at my dad.....just screaming, no words. I feel like sh*t now. Have butterflies in my stomach and feeling a bit sad. But I'm gonna "surf" this one out. And I mean surf the feeling away...there's no desire to drink, (for one I have a headache at this point). Thanks D for the "Urge Surfing" links. P.S. I keep getting a pimple right under my nose....and it's a burner! And by golly I think I'm finally gonna have a regular timing bathroom visit. lol
Old 10-19-2017, 05:55 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Thank you for the support!
I truly appreciate it.
Old 10-19-2017, 05:56 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Good Luck Waxfruit!!!!