Notices

Day 52 and completed my step 3

Old 10-17-2017, 11:54 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 52 and completed my step 3

Last night with my sponsor we finished up all the questions and did the step 3 prayer together. What a humbling experience, It sent shivers down my spine and I was tearing up. I'm so thankful I have a sponsor that was willing to guide me through this and share his ESH. Now, having done step 3, I've made that decision to continue with the rest of the steps. So, now I get a few weeks to get my step 4 work done, I have work sheets to help me with this but it seems like a daunting task. I have a good idea on what my fears are and harms done to others but the resentment stuff... I don't even know where to begin with the resentments. I do know that I myself will be 1st on that list and maybe a few others but I also don't want to conjure up something just because.
Having done the steps a few years back, I've clear away the mommy and daddy and ex wife issues. I just don't know what else I'm resenting right now other than myself. The last few years of my drinking, I isolated, kept to myself, mostly drank alone.
Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions?
Old 10-17-2017, 11:58 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

As far as doing the worksheets/inventories....my sponsor suggested that I go back - back to childhood, teen, college, young adult, etc, up to present and put down whatever resentment/fears/etc came up about people, places, things, and institutions.
Old 10-17-2017, 08:47 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
12 Step Recovered Alcoholic

My suggestion is to start with the things that are Bothering you or keeping you awake at the moment. There might not be many, or even any. I made up a resentment for my fourth because everybody was telling me I had to have some. But really I didn't. I could clearly see my part in everything that befell me, and I blamed no one else.

In sobriety, it has been a different thing. I am still learning lessons on that, and step ten gets a really good thrashing from me.

Plenty of harms, fears, and sex conduct issues. Plenty of stuff that would have to be put right, but no resentment.
Old 10-18-2017, 09:35 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks Mike,
I did a step 4 a few years back with my same sponsor. (Then I went back out for a few years).
But I did clear up a lot of the resentments from the past during that time and they don't bother me anymore, it's in the past plain and simple.
I have a few new resentments but I'm not going to conjure up something that's not there just because I feel the need to put something down.
Like I said, the last few years I isolated while drinking.
Right now, I can see my Fear list being quit long.
Old 10-18-2017, 10:52 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations on Day 52!
Old 10-18-2017, 03:06 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

dont forget the fear and sex inventory that got with the 4th step.
Old 10-18-2017, 03:42 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

My sponsor would suggest I "pray about it".
Old 10-18-2017, 08:27 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I had to hire a fork lift to transport my sex inventory to my sponsors house.