Notices

Why why why?!

Old 10-18-2017, 07:01 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Obladi View Post
Hi, GS

There's nothing scary about rehab, I promise. It is absolutely the most physically comfortable way I've experience early recovery. Things may annoy you, but that's a different story. As long as you keep an open mind and soak up all of your education and experiences as if it were your job (it is, right now!), you'll be fine.

The tools you learn to use in rehab and your newly resolved true self will be your armor when you return to the real world.

O
Thank you so much, Obladi! I guess a lot of it really is scary to me because it’s definitely unknown. I have really no idea what to expect. I’m sure it varies from rehab to rehab, but even what to expect today. Since I’m actually detoxing there (am now, just can’t wait to feel more comfortable) I’m wondering if I’ll be expected to “participate” today. (Don’t have that in me, at least I don’t feel I do). And as far as the detox itself, this may sound ridiculous coming from someone who has used many different drugs, but I’ve never injected anything before, strictly due to my insane fear of needles. I’m actually pretty concerned they may put me on IV fluids or something. A small price to pay, if so. I just am irrationally afraid of them.

Thank you for saying it is my job for right now, and that I’ll actually have some armor when I get out
Old 10-18-2017, 07:10 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Life Goes On

They will likely encourage you to join in right away. If you feel like absolute crap and absolutely cannot be upright, don't participate. My gauge was "If I can go outside for a cigarette, I can at least sit in the room with these nice folks."

Of course, I don't know your medical condition, but I'd guess that since you are taking yourself to rehab it's unlikely that you'll need an IV. If it's any comfort, I saw just one person who needed an IV in the 11 days I was inpatient at the hospital and zero when I was in rehab.
Old 10-18-2017, 07:20 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
canchangeu

Trust me, rehab is better than jail! I promise you that much. Please just go and see what transpires.
Old 10-18-2017, 07:55 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by GreenSwimmer View Post
. I have really no idea what to expect. I’m sure it varies from rehab to rehab, but even what to expect today. Since I’m actually detoxing there (am now, just can’t wait to feel more comfortable) I’m wondering if I’ll be expected to “participate” today. (Don’t have that in me, at least I don’t feel I do).
im sure participation varies by rehab. however, ive been to AA meetings in rehabs where people detoxing were attending the meeting. my personal opinion is it is an example of going to any lengths for victory over alcohol- its necessary to do thing we dont want to do when we dont want to do them.

or let alcoholism keep talkin us out of doing what will help us get and stay sober.