Notices

Weekend went great-day 7

Old 10-16-2017, 01:31 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Weekend went great-day 7

Morning all.
Well, the weekend was great. Did normal family stuff, cooked, tidied the garden ready for winter, watched a great movie on Saturday eve (Hacksaw Ridge), goodish nights sleep then pottered around on Sunday.
I am at work now and feeling fab.
This time last week I felt sluggish, lazy, bloated and totally without any focus. What a difference a week makes.
Bags under eyes hugely improved, bloated tummy gone, redness on cheeks fading a bit, head clear, eyes sharp and focused.
Been chatting to my co-workers and really engaging rather than going through the motions and trying to seem with it.
As I have said before, I never got bad hang overs with respect to headaches, sickness etc but boy does this feel great today.
Also, as I have said before, its not a physical craving I experience either. As TomSteve pointed out to me, its a mental obsession. Well so far I seem to be in control. I did have a 'moment' on Sunday afternoon when hubbie took the dog for a walk. Normally that would have meant my obsession telling me to have a sneaky drink but I went to the fridge and poured myself a cranberry juice and the 'moment' passed.
I feel like my body is craving healthy food and fluids as well. Did anyone else experience this ?
Last week I was glugging water for thirst. Today I am sipping it for healthy hydration and its fabulous.
For anyone on day one, stick at it a week and you will be feeling so much better. I am proof, and the week doesnt seem to have passed too slowly if I look back at it.
I will post again in a few days because I dont feel that posting everyday will benefit me personally. I understand that some people want to be accountable daily but for me i feel it will become my next obsession and I want to put drinking behind me, not think about not drinking all the time, if that makes sense.
Have a happy day everyone and thanks for being such a GREAT BUNCH of people.
C
Old 10-16-2017, 02:30 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hello Cuckoo

Glad to see you are doing so well.

I fully understand the wanting to not think about drinking all the time. I mentioned this at a SMART meeting before and someone said I should guard against complacency. They are correct of course. There are often posts on this site from people who return (how many do not return?) saying they stopped visiting the site and relapsed. For me I realise that it is important to do SOMETHING every day (doesn't have to be SR) to remind myself of the choice I have made.

All the best

decchemist
Old 10-16-2017, 02:50 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you decchemist. I understand exactly what you are saying. I am and will continue to be vigilant but dont want to define my days with constantly obsessing about not obsessing if you know what I mean.
I realise I am very new to this but I can only move forward one day at a time and give it my best shot.
C
Old 10-16-2017, 03:20 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you Cuckoo. I just woke up and am beginning my Day 7. hopefully it goes as well. Have a great day everyone
Old 10-16-2017, 03:53 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi Cman45. How are you doing ? Do you feel good or are you finding it difficult. Would love your thoughts as we are both at day 7.
C
Old 10-16-2017, 04:10 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I'm not feeling too bad. way better than a couple days ago. cravings are coming and going, a little hard candy, or skittles help. But that is going to have to stop. i'm feeling well enough to hit the gym again and start working on the beer belly.
Old 10-16-2017, 05:32 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on your progress Cuckoo

D