Notices

Got to DAY 13 then.............

Old 10-22-2017, 05:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Got to DAY 13 then.............

Hey Y'all! Today started as my 13th day. Seems I've had a wee slip up. Nothing bad as its not even supper time yet . Started out with me being a smart ass. Had a sip of the wife's vino while we were prepping a wonderful sunday supper together with the kids, and we were joking back and forth about the booze. so i grabbed her glass and downed her wine. after realization we sat on the couch and had a nice chat about everything. My wife is the best person in the world, she didn't realize how bad this "problem" we have is and now is feeling really bad for daring me, egging me on, whatever. Tomorrow is my new day 1. I like golf! can i get a mulligan? Go to day 14????? Or is this a solid go back to go, don't collect $200?
Old 10-22-2017, 05:38 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Canuckleman

If it was me I'd be restarting.

I've made a commitment not to drink again.

I've accepted my relationship with alcohol was and is toxic, and so drinking again really would be a big deal for me.

I don't think you should beat yourself up but it looks like it was pretty easy for you to drink again?

maybe you need a better plan than just winging it?

I'm glad you spoke with your wife afterwards, but IMO you didn't need to drink for that to happen.

D
Old 10-22-2017, 05:38 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

lol, its not like golf
It's what ever you can live with. Just remember to be honest with yourself, you drank alcohol.
For me, I'd be back to day 1
Old 10-22-2017, 07:14 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Abetter plan dee? I apparently have no idea where to start. The first 12 days weren't bad, but then WHAM!!!!! Im lost
Old 10-22-2017, 07:26 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

This is a good place to start IMO

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...ery-plans.html (Psst...wanna know why I'm always recommending recovery plans?)

D
Old 10-22-2017, 07:32 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank You. that link really made sense. I thought I had a grasp on this, but i had a grasp on nothing. Thank You again
Old 10-22-2017, 10:55 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Glad you came right back and posted, Dee's link is a good one. I have had to go back to Day One in the past many times as well, and when I finally got serious about having a recovery plan I was able to make sobriety stick.

You should join the October Class of 2017, it helps to have the support of others who have committed or recommitted to sobriety this month.

Also, pop in on the 24 hour thread. It is a great place to commit to the next 24 hours sober, and you will meet an amazing group of people.

Looking forward to seeing you on here!