Notices

This will be my final Day 1

Old 10-16-2017, 05:05 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dwtbd View Post
You're ready and you can do this Don't look now, but you ARE Doing this , just keep truckin
Happy FU AV Day ( everday )
Hahaha thank you!! FU AV!!!
Old 10-16-2017, 05:06 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sounds like a great start readytodothis

I think a plan is a pretty good idea - some great suggestions here:

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...ery-plans.html (Psst...wanna know why I'm always recommending recovery plans?)

D
Old 10-16-2017, 05:10 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Sounds like a great start readytodothis

I think a plan is a pretty good idea - some great suggestions here:

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...ery-plans.html (Psst...wanna know why I'm always recommending recovery plans?)

D
Thanks Dee! Yes, I have a plan started and will continue to add to it in the coming days
Old 10-16-2017, 05:11 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

You can do this... Keep going...each try is a step closer. ((((Hug))))
Old 10-16-2017, 05:12 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Another FU AV Day in the books! I am pretty proud of myself. I am feeling good tonight and looking forward to waking up sober in the a.m. Good night and as always, thank you!
Old 10-16-2017, 05:19 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soulcoughedream View Post
You can do this... Keep going...each try is a step closer. ((((Hug))))
Thank you! I'm gonna keep on keepin' on!
Old 10-16-2017, 06:07 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Me too
Old 10-16-2017, 10:12 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Don't even think about it and keep it simple: You don't need to drink....PERIOD!
Day 1 will soon be Day 2, 10, 30 and so on :-)

You got this!
Old 10-17-2017, 01:55 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SonnyD View Post
Don't even think about it and keep it simple: You don't need to drink....PERIOD!
Day 1 will soon be Day 2, 10, 30 and so on :-)

You got this!
Thank you! Don't need to and absolutely cannot drink. I was able to quit cigarettes bc they can really affect my daughter due to her health condition. Smoking was no longer an option. Drinking isn't either.
Old 10-17-2017, 01:57 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Just getting up and about to hop in the shower. It has only been a few days, but my thinking is already clearer! I'll check in when I get to work in a couple of hours
Old 10-17-2017, 05:09 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

At work and still catching up, lol. I also have to leave early today to take my daughter to a medical appointment. It will be nice to not be hungover during the appointment and wondering whether the doctor suspects anything. I'm thinking about getting back into working out tonight. I wish I could do it in the morning, but we already get up at 4:30 a.m. to manage her several medical treatments. How long have people waited between their last drink and starting to exercise again? During this last drinking "episode," I think I gained back 10 of the 15 pounds I had lost before
Old 10-17-2017, 05:01 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Finally relaxing after a busy day. Had an appointment for my daughter to have allergy testing for peanuts. Thankfully, she's not allergic, which is key, as due to her medical condition, she has a tough time gaining weight and needs a high fat diet. Bring on the peanut butter!
My s/o and I were just discussing when we used to drink together...he has been sober for almost 4 years. I asked him what would happen if he had a drink today. He said he'd be right back at square 1. As would I.
During my commute to/from work, I have been listening to AA speakers on utube. It has definitely been helping.
Onward and upward! Night all!
Old 10-18-2017, 05:15 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Another FU AV Day and feeling good this morning. Slept pretty well last night. The sweats and nightmares have already reduced significantly. I absolutely love getting up in the morning, without a hangover and remembering everything from the evening before. It's also pretty awesome to be in a great mood...not feeling like caring for my daughter is a chore. I'm really enjoying it
Today seems like it will be pretty slow at work (although you never know), so I am hoping to be able to spend some more time on here later.
I hope everyone has a great day!
Old 10-18-2017, 05:27 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Have a great day, too!♡CR
Old 10-18-2017, 09:07 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Divijata View Post
Crap and negativity? That's what you got from that.....interesting. If I were as sensitive as you I could say you are perpetuating the passing of crap and negativity with your attempted reproach. But I'm not, so I won't.

Obviously you've gotten offended and you're projecting that (assuming that I got offended is a pure giveaway that you're projecting......) Why would I get offended by some stranger on the internet? Think about that for a moment and ask yourself the same question (I'm not interested in the answer) Offended by a man who baths himself in ketchup to prevent himself from drinking? Don't be silly.

I simply offered some insight. Now you choose to ignore the insight and get triggered. Is it because it's beyond your understanding or because you are too sensitive, only you can decide. Ask yourself what made you get triggered and what provoked the white knight inside you to jump to the poster's rescue. You'll find some wonderful insight there.

You are welcome. After all, honesty is key for our sobriety is it not.

When you strip away the drink and the drugs and people become sober, they don't just develop morals and values and higher goals.

A person either has morals and values (integrity) or they don't. Yes they can be developed, but simply removing alcohol does not develop morals or values.

One cannot paint everybody with the same brush, hence the use of "we" in this case was a way for the poster to minimize a lack of morals by considering it as something that "we" do. It's not.

Why help to keep people in delusion?

Take drink driving......some people have it hammered into their heads so firmly (morals, boundaries) that no matter how drunk they have been they would never take the car out drunk. Rock solid boundaries. Even when drunk.

Last week, I came home feeling sick after working, drank some, then went out met up with a dealer and proceeded to consume about 250-300 worth of a particular substance throughout the night and into the next day. Did I go to work that evening? I got a cab home, jumped in the shower, drank water and got myself off to work without sleep. Made it through. Don't want to do that again, but it wasn't an option missing that day (I would have rightly screwed a partner over)

One cannot blame drink for everything. There comes a time when one must take full responsibility.

Good luck to you now.
I appreciate your insight. Morality and value systems are very interesting to me, as are other perspectives and how one draws those lines. No white knighting here, just stating an opinion and offering a different perspective. Taking responsibility, to me, also involves acknowledging what is destructive and removing that from the equation.
Old 10-19-2017, 04:43 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Good morning all-5th day alcohol free and feeling pretty good. One of my work colleagues commented on how nice my hair has looked during the past couple of days And...my face is definitely looking clearer-less red and less blotchy. If I can just get motivated to start exercising again....I know that will come...I'm trying to be patient with myself.
I have plans on Saturday to go out to lunch with some family/friends. Of course, I would typically have a couple of drinks there, and upon returning home, drinking for the rest of the day/night. The AV has been at it a little bit-just a couple of drinks, then you can go home and be fine. Ya right! How many times have I tried that before?!? More than I can count. Luckily, the people I am having lunch with aren't really drinkers and my mom will be there (she knows I have stopped). I am confident that things will go well and I'll have another FU AV Day under my belt
At work now, drinking a green smoothie and coffee-about to get the day started.
I hope everyone has a nice day! Will be checking in throughout.
Old 10-19-2017, 06:38 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Glad to hear you’re doing good today Ready!! Keep it up!