This will be my final Day 1

Old 10-15-2017, 03:04 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Love your reply Hevyn!
The Following User Says Thank You to Sunflower84 For This Useful Post:
Readytodothis (10-19-2017)
Old 10-15-2017, 03:11 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

23:09 here ... Getting me thinking now reading all of the above ... I would usually be so drunk now and probs from starting Thurs or Fri last week, convincing myself I'm fine for work tomorrow then drinking continuously through tomorrow into Tues until I eventually shut down then days of withdrawal...
WHAT HAVE I BEEN DOING!!!!

I so hope this is it!!!! I hope and pray this is it!!!!

I can't fail this time and feel so positive about a future without drink right now!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sunflower84 For This Useful Post:
BrightenMeUp (10-15-2017), ChloeRose63 (10-15-2017), Readytodothis (10-19-2017)
Old 10-15-2017, 03:38 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Divijata View Post
Speak for yourself. Can't say I've ever used such an excuse.

In fairness, I don't think you can entirely blame alcohol for giving an excuse like that....twice. Some might say that would be down to certain morals and values. Could be worth investigating.

I remember a friend of mine (well rather a member of the group I was hanging with) used that excuse to call in sick one day. We were early twenties. His excuse was kind of frowned upon by the others.....who were no angels (drug dealers amongst them)....

....say something against their mothers....and there would be a physical confrontation.

Just saying, sometimes blaming the drink.......it's often not accurate.
I think as alcoholics, we give ourselves enough crap and negative self-talk as is.

We donít need others to do it for us.

Although the excuse may have been offensive to you, itís a good example of how messed up our moral meter and priorities get when poisioning our brains for years on end. Even though we say we care about others, it shows in our actions that we put the drink first, above anything and everything else.

So, yes, you can blame the alcohol. Even though itís self inflicted, there does come to be a point where the brain is damaged and itís changes everything about us.

Luckily, we can take back control and repair ourselves by simply removing the alcohol from the equation.
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to BrandNewLife For This Useful Post:
2ndhandrose (10-16-2017), AladdinSane (10-16-2017), BrightenMeUp (10-15-2017), ChloeRose63 (10-15-2017), Mac4711 (10-19-2017), mnjen (10-15-2017), Obladi (10-17-2017), rascalwhiteoak (10-15-2017), Readytodothis (10-19-2017), shortstop81 (10-23-2017), Sunflower84 (10-15-2017), WritingFromLife (10-16-2017)
Old 10-15-2017, 03:45 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

100% Agree Brand New Life!!!!!!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sunflower84 For This Useful Post:
Readytodothis (10-19-2017), WritingFromLife (10-16-2017)
Old 10-15-2017, 05:06 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hevyn View Post
Hi Ready. You sound very determined & motivated. We have to be - or all our attempts fall flat. I was doing the same thing - lying to work - to everyone. Taking chances, putting myself in danger - it was a living nightmare. It felt so good to finally be free of it & to allow my authentic self to come out of hiding.

You're going to do this.
Thank you Hevyn! I cannot wait to meet the sober me. I have met her briefly in the past 10 or so years, but it was only a glimpse. I know that long-term sobriety can be so rewarding and gratifying. I am really looking forward to this journey. It can only get better from here.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Readytodothis For This Useful Post:
BrightenMeUp (10-15-2017), Hevyn (10-15-2017), WritingFromLife (10-16-2017)
Old 10-15-2017, 05:09 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kit2017 View Post
I've also lied through my teeth to work and start again tomorrow, easier for me being from home but I still work for the office and still go in for meetings and feel also so ashamed about how much "sickness" I've had.
The thing is this can be the final time we do it!

If we stay sober we need never have to feel this anxiety and worry in the pit of our stomachs again!
It WILL be the final time we do it
How about the waking up around midnight and not being able to sleep for the rest of the night??? Worrying about what will happen the next day? So awful.
We got this!
The Following User Says Thank You to Readytodothis For This Useful Post:
WritingFromLife (10-16-2017)
Old 10-15-2017, 05:10 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kit2017 View Post
23:09 here ... Getting me thinking now reading all of the above ... I would usually be so drunk now and probs from starting Thurs or Fri last week, convincing myself I'm fine for work tomorrow then drinking continuously through tomorrow into Tues until I eventually shut down then days of withdrawal...
WHAT HAVE I BEEN DOING!!!!

I so hope this is it!!!! I hope and pray this is it!!!!

I can't fail this time and feel so positive about a future without drink right now!
We absolutely cannot fail. Never again!
Old 10-15-2017, 05:13 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BrandNewLife View Post
I think as alcoholics, we give ourselves enough crap and negative self-talk as is.

Although the excuse may have been offensive to you, itís a good example of how messed up our moral meter and priorities get when poisioning our brains for years on end. Even though we say we care about others, it shows in our actions that we put the drink first, above anything and everything else.

So, yes, you can blame the alcohol. Even though itís self inflicted, there does come to be a point where the brain is damaged and itís changes everything about us.

Luckily, we can take back control and repair ourselves by simply removing the alcohol from the equation.
Yes, wholeheartedly agree. My daughter has a chronic medical condition. I have FMLA through work and have said she was sick when I decided to skip work after having drank the day/night before. Pathetic and something I wouldn't do in my right frame of mind.
The Following User Says Thank You to Readytodothis For This Useful Post:
WritingFromLife (10-16-2017)
Old 10-15-2017, 05:15 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Just put my daughter to bed and relaxing/watching tv. All in all not an awful day...spent a lot of time on here, which helped significantly. Thanks again to all! Going into work tomorrow without a hangover...the best!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Readytodothis For This Useful Post:
BrightenMeUp (10-15-2017), soberandhonest (10-16-2017)
Old 10-16-2017, 12:27 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BrandNewLife View Post

Crap and negativity? That's what you got from that.....interesting. If I were as sensitive as you I could say you are perpetuating the passing of crap and negativity with your attempted reproach. But I'm not, so I won't.

Obviously you've gotten offended and you're projecting that (assuming that I got offended is a pure giveaway that you're projecting......) Why would I get offended by some stranger on the internet? Think about that for a moment and ask yourself the same question (I'm not interested in the answer) Offended by a man who baths himself in ketchup to prevent himself from drinking? Don't be silly.

I simply offered some insight. Now you choose to ignore the insight and get triggered. Is it because it's beyond your understanding or because you are too sensitive, only you can decide. Ask yourself what made you get triggered and what provoked the white knight inside you to jump to the poster's rescue. You'll find some wonderful insight there.

You are welcome. After all, honesty is key for our sobriety is it not.

When you strip away the drink and the drugs and people become sober, they don't just develop morals and values and higher goals.

A person either has morals and values (integrity) or they don't. Yes they can be developed, but simply removing alcohol does not develop morals or values.

One cannot paint everybody with the same brush, hence the use of "we" in this case was a way for the poster to minimize a lack of morals by considering it as something that "we" do. It's not.

Why help to keep people in delusion?

Take drink driving......some people have it hammered into their heads so firmly (morals, boundaries) that no matter how drunk they have been they would never take the car out drunk. Rock solid boundaries. Even when drunk.

Last week, I came home feeling sick after working, drank some, then went out met up with a dealer and proceeded to consume about 250-300 worth of a particular substance throughout the night and into the next day. Did I go to work that evening? I got a cab home, jumped in the shower, drank water and got myself off to work without sleep. Made it through. Don't want to do that again, but it wasn't an option missing that day (I would have rightly screwed a partner over)

One cannot blame drink for everything. There comes a time when one must take full responsibility.

Good luck to you now.
Old 10-16-2017, 05:09 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Good morning all....here at work, trying to catch up on emails and phone calls that I missed while out on a bender last week. It feels good to be here, albeit embarrassing. I never, ever have to feel this way again. It was great to wake up not hungover, spend some time with my daughter, help get her ready for daycare and drive her there with a clearer mind than I've had in a while.
I usually don't have withdrawal sx's, with the exception of a dull headache. Last night, I sweat profusely and had several nightmares. Progression of my disease? It was still the best sleep I've experienced in a long time. I hope people have a good day today and as always, thank you for the support.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Readytodothis For This Useful Post:
2ndhandrose (10-16-2017), soberandhonest (10-16-2017), tomsteve (10-22-2017), WritingFromLife (10-16-2017)
Old 10-16-2017, 06:41 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
quat

divijata
Interesting point about having morals and or values and integrity and whether or not simply removing consumption has any effect on one's ethical bearings.

Though I'd disagree with the idea that having morals and values equates to having integrity. Morals and a hierarchical value structure can guide one's actions , but one has to choose to act . Consistently following , or trying to consistently follow one's moral values is achieving integrity.

I'd suggest that pleasure seeking in the form of intoxication, once ingrained as a value( a thing which one acts to keep or gain) has a corrosive effect on achieving integrity , or following a moral ( that which acts to sustain and improve one's life) 'code'.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dwtbd For This Useful Post:
Obladi (10-17-2017), Readytodothis (10-19-2017), WritingFromLife (10-16-2017)
Old 10-16-2017, 06:57 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Don't want to hijack the thread, but I was about to write exactly what BrandNewLife did regarding Shaun's post. Addiction is a monster and we do and say dumb things that we would NEVER do sober. I wish that were the least of the things I did! Addiction will do ANYTHING to stay alive (even lying about your mother).
The Following User Says Thank You to WritingFromLife For This Useful Post:
Old 10-16-2017, 06:58 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Now on topic--Readytodothis, your best words were "excited" in your OP! Sounds like you want to be sober more than you want to drink...and that is key! Keep going! that dull headache and all is all the poison leaving you FOREVER. Picture a green cloud leaving your body.....
The Following User Says Thank You to WritingFromLife For This Useful Post:
Old 10-16-2017, 08:48 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Divijata View Post
Crap and negativity?
Addiction has been studied by science. It is quite fascinating, and enlightening, if you read about it.

I would say that if you do "xyz" of a "substance" and then go in to work, that really is of no merit. Because, probably, "xyz" is what got you there...not your moral or ethical superiority. And, depending on your occupation, you could be a danger to others.

Anyway, I don't know why anyone who really hopes to recover...and hopes for the recovery of others...would post such things.

Good luck to all.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AladdinSane For This Useful Post:
Mac4711 (10-19-2017), Obladi (10-17-2017), Readytodothis (10-19-2017), WritingFromLife (10-16-2017)
Old 10-16-2017, 08:58 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Ready: Great job on making it to Day #2!!!! Keep it going. Have a fantastic day at work today and, if it's not quite fantastic, at least get through it and know that every single day is going to get easier for you. You can do this! Keep the positivity. Keep the enthusiasm. You won yesterday. Win the moment, the minute, the hour, the day. Keep going! Great job so far. Keep posting. Sending you tons of positive sober energy today.
The Following User Says Thank You to soberandhonest For This Useful Post:
Old 10-16-2017, 10:29 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by WritingFromLife View Post
Now on topic--Readytodothis, your best words were "excited" in your OP! Sounds like you want to be sober more than you want to drink...and that is key! Keep going! that dull headache and all is all the poison leaving you FOREVER. Picture a green cloud leaving your body.....
Thank you so much! I'm still excited and cannot wait to have some more time under my belt! The things I can do!
Old 10-16-2017, 10:31 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberandhonest View Post
Ready: Great job on making it to Day #2!!!! Keep it going. Have a fantastic day at work today and, if it's not quite fantastic, at least get through it and know that every single day is going to get easier for you. You can do this! Keep the positivity. Keep the enthusiasm. You won yesterday. Win the moment, the minute, the hour, the day. Keep going! Great job so far. Keep posting. Sending you tons of positive sober energy today.
Hahaha, it's not quite fantastic, but the shame and embarrassment of last week are moving toward the back burner. They will not, however, move off of the back burner. Always there to remind me of one of the reasons that I cannot pick up that first drink. Even though I'm not physically feeling wonderful, I know that's coming...thank you so much for your kind words!
Old 10-16-2017, 10:37 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Hi all! Thanks for all of the support! It's really great knowing that people who have been/or who currently are, in my shoes are there any time I need to reach out. I am fairly certain I will make it through today. I'm still at work, very busy-catching up from not being here last week. When I leave here, I will go straight home to take c/o my daughter/spend time with her and my s/o. Thinking about being a sober mother for her is something I'm really looking forward to-she's only 2, so I'm hoping my alcohol use hasn't negatively impacted her life too much yet. Maybe we'll take a walk before dinner. I was going to try to start exercising tonight, but this headache has me beat. I'll probably take it easy in that department for a few days, at least. Have a nice afternoon everyone!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Readytodothis For This Useful Post:
Dee74 (10-16-2017), dwtbd (10-16-2017), Obladi (10-17-2017)
Old 10-16-2017, 11:02 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  
quat

You're ready and you can do this Don't look now, but you ARE Doing this , just keep truckin
Happy FU AV Day ( everday )
The Following User Says Thank You to dwtbd For This Useful Post: