SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   I'm drunk (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/417412-im-drunk.html)

Pressmetilihurt 10-15-2017 12:05 AM

I'm drunk

Ah ****.

Gilmer 10-15-2017 12:12 AM

Don’t let this mistake derail you, Pressmetillihurt.

Just get right back up on the horse.

Don’t waste your emotional energy on beating yourself up; pour it into your determination to remain sober from this point on.

Just dump whatever is left.

shauninspain 10-15-2017 12:55 AM

Sorry to hear that. But soon you will be sober enough to access the situation and identify why you picked up. I'll tell you a story about something that I did, on one occasion, to make sure that I did not leave my house and buy alcohol.

I had been pacing around in the house all day and the voice kept screaming at me to go to the shop and buy vodka. I didn't want to, but deep down I knew that I was ultimately going to give in. When the evening had arrived I was going nuts, crying then laughing hysterically, then crying again. Then I decided that I had to leave the house and get the vodka. I picked up my house key and a £10 note and walked to the door, then suddenly I had a thought, I had to do something ANYTHING to stop this madness, I had to stop myself from going outside my house!! As if on auto pilot I turned around and ran into the kitchen. When there I stripped myself totally naked, opened a cupboard and took out an unopened bottle of Ketchup and a packet of Rice Krispies. I opened the bottle and tipped the entire contents onto the floor, followed by the packet of cereals.

I threw myself onto the floor and writhed around for a couple of minutes covering myself in the sticky mixture that was snap, crackling and popping. Picked up a couple of handfuls and rubbed it into my hair and all over my face. I must have looked looked the devil himself, all red and scabby. I lay on the floor for minutes panting and wailing.

I knew that I could not go outside looking like that. Even if I dressed my hair and face was matted with gloopy sauce. I walked into the shower and spent 20 minutes cleaning myself off. And do you know, when I stepped out of that shower all desire for a drink had gone, the craving that I had had all day had vanished.

Next time do what ever it takes mate. However insane it might be.

''We're never gonna survive unless we get a little crazy'' - Seal

ChloeRose63 10-15-2017 12:57 AM

Originally Posted by Pressmetilihurt (Post 6636911)
Ah ****.

...now what?!:a043:

Hawkeye13 10-15-2017 06:02 AM

Ah ****.

****So

Ready to dump it out and move forward?

This isn't serving you Press--it's good you posted,
but you need to act and put down the bottle now

Wishing you strength to do just that-- :grouphug:

Hawkeye13 10-15-2017 06:03 AM

Originally Posted by shauninspain (Post 6636940)
Sorry to hear that. But soon you will be sober enough to access the situation and identify why you picked up. I'll tell you a story about something that I did, on one occasion, to make sure that I did not leave my house and buy alcohol.

I had been pacing around in the house all day and the voice kept screaming at me to go to the shop and buy vodka. I didn't want to, but deep down I knew that I was ultimately going to give in. When the evening had arrived I was going nuts, crying then laughing hysterically, then crying again. Then I decided that I had to leave the house and get the vodka. I picked up my house key and a £10 note and walked to the door, then suddenly I had a thought, I had to do something ANYTHING to stop this madness, I had to stop myself from going outside my house!! As if on auto pilot I turned around and ran into the kitchen. When there I stripped myself totally naked, opened a cupboard and took out an unopened bottle of Ketchup and a packet of Rice Krispies. I opened the bottle and tipped the entire contents onto the floor, followed by the packet of cereals.

I threw myself onto the floor and writhed around for a couple of minutes covering myself in the sticky mixture that was snap, crackling and popping. Picked up a couple of handfuls and rubbed it into my hair and all over my face. I must have looked looked the devil himself, all red and scabby. I lay on the floor for minutes panting and wailing.

I knew that I could not go outside looking like that. Even if I dressed my hair and face was matted with gloopy sauce. I walked into the shower and spent 20 minutes cleaning myself off. And do you know, when I stepped out of that shower all desire for a drink had gone, the craving that I had had all day had vanished.

Next time do what ever it takes mate. However insane it might be.

''We're never gonna survive unless we get a little crazy'' - Seal

Love this Shaun--you're the kind of guy I'd love to have a bowl of cereal with :)

Gatordadof3 10-15-2017 07:18 AM

Now what

Ah ****.

Now what? We've all been there, and asked ourselves the same question. Really think about it, it goes much deeper than you may think. If you can get yourself to be honest with yourself then you will know what's next and why it is. Living sober is the happiest and healthiest decision one can make. So what there's a bump in the road, stand back up and tell this disease to kick rocks that you're destined for so much more! Praying for you my friend!

tomsteve 10-15-2017 08:02 AM

Ah ****.

from your last thread:
I told my counselor today that if I don't follow thru on my recovery plan this time I will go to in patient

hope ya start lookin ASAP

Dee74 10-16-2017 05:41 PM

How are things now Press?

D

Hevyn 10-16-2017 05:55 PM

Thinking of you, Press. I hope you'll talk to us.

Maudcat 10-16-2017 06:49 PM

Come on back, press. No judgment.

least 10-16-2017 07:38 PM

Inpatient is a good idea that you should explore. :)

Done4today 10-16-2017 08:14 PM

Many thoughts and prayers for you press.

Delilah1 10-16-2017 10:10 PM

Hi Press,

You can do this!! There are so many options for recovery, I know it isn't easy in the beginning, but I promise it gets easier. Are you still thinking about inpatient?

Check in and let us know how you are doing.