Notices

Normal isn't Normal no more after beeing sober for 2 years

Old 10-12-2017, 04:08 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Normal isn't Normal no more after beeing sober for 2 years

Am new here guys i hope you help me out

i've been using drugs for more than 8 years shifting from one drug to another including alcohol in the middle, i have been sober for more than 2 years now been following with a doctor i use effexor and zyprexa since i stopped all kind of drugs
i've been searching for answer to those questions didn't find answer on google .

my questions are

my body doesn't feel normal, like am always tired always even when i sleep well i go to work like i've been working for a week straight my whole bones feel little pain like i walked 2 kilos or something not only my legs but most of my body i don't think its the meds cuz i changed from another med that had those condition as side effect but in extremely more powerful that i couldn't handle, i feel tired even before exercising and if i do exercise i feel so sore, don't know when this fatigue will go away really- i think part of my addiction was cuz it made me not feel this symptoms ... so what's wrong really ?

2nd i feel i don't focus on this like before and i always feel something telling me not to use my pc at home as am forced to use it as work so i have no problem but am like a bee at home can't use my pc or watch long videos on my phone am too anxious doing things at home
i got other problems too like worrying so much but this is not my biggest concerns cuz of those 2 things

it just i don't feel good sober its like am always tired can't work like i used to and this is affecting my career and my work plan
am not thinking about doing drugs again am happy i stopped but i feel am in a big punishment since i went sober

sorry for the long thread but what's really going on, and i don't have anemia
Old 10-12-2017, 04:16 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congratulations on your sobriety.
For now maybe contact your doctor.
Complete blood work possibly needed?
Good for starters.
M-Bob
Old 10-12-2017, 09:03 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome and well done on your 2 years.
Good advice above, I would go to the docs and get a full service check done to ensure there is nothing else causing your symptoms.
Good on you staying the course even though your not feeling great sometimes.
Old 10-12-2017, 04:49 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi oldaddict - welcome

2 years is a long time to feel poorly.

I'd also recommend a full checkup - you may not have anemia but there may be something else making you feel tired etc. It could be something easily dealt with

Why not get it checked out?

D
Old 10-12-2017, 04:58 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I agree that talking to your dr is a good idea. It could be that something could be done to help you feel better.
Old 10-12-2017, 10:39 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi and well done staying sober for 2 years . As the above posters say a doctors visit is a good idea if only to put your mind and ease .
Old 10-17-2017, 03:17 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

well...

i almost did all the tests it just i wake up some part is hurting after few hours another part... but i have no energy and thanks guys for the reply
Old 10-17-2017, 04:15 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Reading between the lines I'm hearing Restless Irritable Discontent / Depressed Anxious.

Def worth a visit to the docs but also worth relooking at your recovery plan perhaps?

What does that look like now? Ie. What did you add in to your life to make sobriety comfort and sustainable? If you're wondering what I'm on about it is def worth reading through the threads about making a plan. Sobriety can be great, but for me that was dependent on me working on my recovery. Every day.

BB