Notices

Re-Discover Your True Life. Weekender Thread October 12-18

Old 10-13-2017, 07:06 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Ah geeaz I was spending the morning here reading.. Looks like the message is I need to go finish laundry.
Old 10-13-2017, 07:11 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Good thing about laundry is it's a few minutes of intensive attention, then a lot of relaxing.

Plenty of time for reading, LastDrop.

Friday has been laundry day for me for probably 20 years. I really need a new washer, the door on mine is broken and although it works (with some jimmying) it mars the experience.

Old 10-13-2017, 07:14 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

So true and I sorted everything last night so just gotta throw it in there. It is pretty bad when I lack that much motivation. Ok be back in 10
Old 10-13-2017, 07:16 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Why is that 'reply' text so small? Drives me bonkers. And I can't edit it on my phone. Does this nag anyone else?
Old 10-13-2017, 07:17 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
My laundry day is when I am out of clean clothes + every time I am back from the gym)
Old 10-13-2017, 07:20 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

I'm on a PC, LastDrop...dunno what you mean.

MB do you have a washer?
Old 10-13-2017, 07:26 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Bimini, yes!

The washer was the first thing along with bathroom necessities I installed in my new apartment. I exercise almost every day and after every workout I am just soaked. So it is a must for me.
Old 10-13-2017, 09:30 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Originally Posted by LastDrop View Post
Why is that 'reply' text so small? Drives me bonkers. And I can't edit it on my phone. Does this nag anyone else?
We are usually given a window of about 15 minutes LastDrop. I think the text only appears tiny immediately after posting for some reason.
Old 10-13-2017, 09:34 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  
ours de petit cerveau

I'll jump aboard if I may. here I go:

I'm coming up to four months sober. the forecast here in the UK is for a nice weekend, so hopefully I can get out & do some fun, non-drinking stuff

well done on your five years MidnightBlue!
Old 10-13-2017, 10:04 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Welcome aboard, Andy!
Old 10-13-2017, 10:29 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Thats a good one Andy, I can definitely relate!
Old 10-13-2017, 11:41 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Sober since October

I have a question to you, Weekenders?

Is there anyone else here who takes life too seriously?

I mean there are things which require a serious approach, i.e. sobriety.

And there are situation which would benefit from "Eff it" attitude.

And where is the balance? Because it's easy to say that "I just don't freak out about small things" and use it as an excuse for not doing things which have to be done. It can be a pretext to stay within comfort zone and settle for a lifestyle which doesn't require extra efforts.

But I often autopilot into overthinking frenzy over stuff which surely isn't worth it.

I spent like 4 hours today having hard times to decide about a chair. Come on. This one is too expensive, and this I don't like. And Ray Bradbury would probably write doesn't matter what, even without a chair.

And so on and so far. And I do have other things to do. I bump into a tiny hurdle and build it bigger.

Any ideas before I turn my weekend into 48 hours of overthinking-over-chair?
Old 10-13-2017, 11:48 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

hah. MB.

I don't do a lot of ruminating over buying stuff, but then I have had horrible obsessive circular thinking in the past and had to really work at not letting that happen. It was super bad when I was drinking.

I have to be very careful with food and drink or I will trigger intrusive thought. For instance, sugar (which I know you stopped added sugar, but too much fruit will do it to me, as will bread if I have too much.) Caffeine. I can't have more than two cups of coffee in a day or I get into that spinny thinking, intrusive thoughts, fear, indecision.

But in general, yeah. It's a hard balance to strike whether something "needs" to get done or whether I can let it slide. I'm the queen of denial and tend to just not get it done. This isn't serving me well right now regarding a couple things in my life and I am procrastinating with every excuse in the book.

I do have a chair though! And a stove. I do pay my bills on time, and do my health maintenance and car maintenance etc. I have a mostly tidy house. But some stuff...
Old 10-13-2017, 12:19 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Welcome to Weekenders Andy and congratulations on almost 4 months.

It is worth spending a bit of time looking for a new chair MidnightBlue, sometimes waiting for say 24 hours gives you time to work out what you want without feeling under pressure to decide (we are not just talking chairs here).

Off to Crazy Golf.
Old 10-13-2017, 12:55 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Yes I take life too seriously. Overthink everything. Paralysis by analysis is my everyday. I am amazed by folks like my wife who can just walk into a store, make the choice and move on like its nothing. How do they do that? I will never know.

I need to know every detail of even a $5 purchase. Its ridiculous.
Old 10-13-2017, 01:06 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Bimini - Interesting observation about coffee. I don't eat bread at all and my fruit intake is quite limited, but coffee....I definitely do more than 2 cups a day. It wound be interesting to make an experiment about correlation of amount of coffee and overthinking.

Sao - Yes, it's sometimes worth to give myself a little bit more time. Till then I will be experiencing benefits of standing working)

LastDrop - You sound just like me. I have to make SWAT analysis for every purchase. I've just recently started improving in this domain. What helps me is logic - time and brain space invested on this analysis doesn't provide fair ROI. That's my way to outsmart my own brain)

Ok, I am off to bed.

Play nice, Weekenders.

If you don't have a plant for Friday night - stick close to SR, read around, have fun. Tomorrow you will wake up with clear head and great feeling of accomplishment.

See you)
Old 10-13-2017, 03:02 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Happy Friday the13th I am doing laundry as well! I decided to get it over with, since the boss at my part time/weekend job asked if I can stay late tomorrow and Sunday....so it's gonna be a long weekend.....picked up some extra coffee for the occasion

"The Shining" is on.....
Old 10-13-2017, 03:13 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  
saoutchik

I languished badly at Crazy Golf tonight though on the plus side my much derided fantasy football team (soccer) is doing rather well. I am off to bed. Good luck to everyone not drinking today.
Old 10-13-2017, 03:52 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

"The Shining"

I don't watch scary movies on purpose. Every once in a while Netflix sneaks one by me, but I click out of it as soon as I know what's going on...

I never see the ends of scary movies - I just. . .can't !!

Ack!

I do have ice cream and my laundry is done. Not a cocktail in sight. See you on Sober Saturday.
Old 10-13-2017, 04:30 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  
Administrator

I dunno if its taking life too seriously or if it's about not wanting to make a mistake MB?

I used to deliberate for a long time over the most minute of things. I tend to go with my gut now and it works out most times.

If you sit a lot then a chair is important - but maybe whittle the list down to 2 or 3 and then go from there?

D