Notices

Sick, Sad, and Sorry

Old 10-11-2017, 06:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Sick, Sad, and Sorry

Hi all, my name is Regina and I'm an alcoholic. At one point I was able to say I'm a recovering alcoholic and addict. The addiction to drugs have still been history for over 10 years but I relapsed after 9 years, to be honest. Some of my family members have no clue I relapsed, my oldest son who's 18 and my partner know. My partner just celebrated 17 years. And I drank , I first relapsed last year in August and didn't touch another drink until A few months ago when I had wine with Co workers. Thinking I could possibly be a social drinker, I did it a few more times. Cool. I'm good I thought. Last month I drank to the point I blacked out, puked,all over myself and furniture. Absolutely horrible, thought I realized I wasn't going to drink again, we'll 2 nights ago had a glass of wine, seem to be fine, went home went to bed and the next day went had 2 beers, only this time it wasn't enough, I stopped at store to buy more went home drank those and got back in my car drove buzzed to buy more. Now I have become scared for my life. I'm so scared and very sad.
Old 10-11-2017, 06:33 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Welcome, Regina! You are not alone - many of us have had this very same experience.

I drank 30 yrs. I was once sober for 3 yrs. I decided I could have a glass of wine now and then. As you said, it was ok at first - but gradually I went right back to my old ways. Only this time it was much worse. In the end, I was drinking all day, couldn't sleep, reckless & out of control. That's when I found SR and became convinced that I could never touch it again. The people here helped me to find the courage to change my life. You're in good company. We know you can do it. Everything's going to be alright.
Old 10-11-2017, 06:58 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR Regina, you will find so much support here. You can do this again, but if you are like me, and most of us on here drinking in moderation isn't an option for you. I know it wasn't for me, and God knows I gave it enough tries.

Get rid of any alcohol you have in the house, and join us here on SR. Join the October 2017 class, you will find the support of others who have also committed or recommitted to sobriety this month. Also, check out the 24 hour thread, it is a great of incredibly supportive people, and you can make a commitment to stay sober each day.

You can do this.
Old 10-11-2017, 07:09 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to the family. I hope our support can help you get sober for good. The support here has helped me stay sober for almost 8 yrs now. I know we can do the same for you.
Old 10-11-2017, 07:48 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome Regina
The wonderful thing about this place is people understand

I found a lot of great advice and support here and it really helped me turn my life around

You are not alone

D
Old 10-12-2017, 01:10 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR, Regina! I'm glad you found us here.
Old 10-12-2017, 04:39 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

My heart goes out to you Regina. It's a nightmare this alcoholic 'disorder'.
Know that you are not alone, plenty of us are feeling the same feelings and emotions as you - comfort in numbers does help.
I should have close to a year sober but I have had slips. This last slip has been weird, haven't blacked out (yet) but feel like I'm back to square 1.
So what do we do? We try to get back to our true selves. We don't quit trying to quit.
I realised recently that I don't cope with a certain level of stress, nor am I capable of talking about my feelings and emotions. So I drink to escape for a while.
Rehab is imminent for me. I hope you can stop this roller coaster without going to inpatient treatment, but if you can't, know that rehab can and does help.
It will eventually stick. That's my belief anyway.
And be kind to yourself. You're human. Mistakes will be made. Just keep trying xx
Old 10-12-2017, 09:00 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome Regina and thanks for your courage in coming here and posting.

You never have to feel this way again, there is another option, a better option.
We are all here to support you.