SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   AA meeting went well (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/417168-aa-meeting-went-well.html)

Sinderos 10-09-2017 10:17 AM

AA meeting went well

I got a silver chip. I could relate to this group. The people who spoke were a lot like me. Because of the time it is I won’t be able to come to this particular one every day, but I will at least once a week. There are plenty more meetings in the evening that I’ll be able to attend.

I have a temporary sponsor. She seems really nice and has told me to call her any time. I plan to do that.

BrightenMeUp 10-09-2017 10:31 AM

Thats Great!! The more I read about the meetings the more I think that they might benefit me as well. Really good news!

Sinderos 10-09-2017 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by BrightenMeUp (Post 6631071)
Thats Great!! The more I read about the meetings the more I think that they might benefit me as well. Really good news!

Something to keep in mind is I’ve been to some AA meetings that I didn’t connect or identify with the people in that particular meeting. You may have to try more than one meeting to find the one(s) right for you.

Choicy 10-09-2017 11:49 AM

Call!

Do you find it comforting listening in the meetings?

Excellent job, Sind!

tomsteve 10-09-2017 11:52 AM

:You_Rock_
that chip has some great powers to it:
if/when ya get a craving for a drink, put it in your mouth.
when it melts, you can take a drink.

mine has teeth marks,but it worked!

Sinderos 10-09-2017 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by Choicy (Post 6631152)
Do you find it comforting listening in the meetings?

Excellent job, Sind!

It was a relief hearing from people who I could relate to. I hold down 2 jobs, never been in trouble with the law, not usually mean when drinking although sometimes I can be, don’t feel the need to use a lot of profanity in a public setting to get my story out and I don’t (well didn’t) feel like I’ve hurt my family by drinking.

I realized after a few people talked, my emotional neglect hurts my family just as much as physical or mental abuse. So it was enlightening. I’m glad I went. I also know I have a very long way to go.

Sinderos 10-09-2017 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by tomsteve (Post 6631154)

Haha!!! I’ll keep that in mind if I think I want to drink. 😂

Anna 10-09-2017 12:21 PM

I'm glad it went well for you, Sinderos.

DontRemember 10-09-2017 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by tomsteve (Post 6631154)

this guy! :lmao