Notices

Red Eyes / Eye Drops

Old 10-09-2017, 06:44 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Red Eyes / Eye Drops

So, for the past few years I've used eye drops every morning and sometimes throughout the day. I always assumed the alcohol was the culprit. However, I'm still waking up with the same ole blood shot eyes each day.

I'm wondering what others experiences have been with this and if there's some truth to what some say about eye drops making it worse over time.
Old 10-09-2017, 06:45 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I would see a doctor about that.

I've used eye drops in the past, but never every day.
Old 10-09-2017, 07:13 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I'd agree - probably best to check with a doctor. Could be a whole host of things.

Also keep in mind that it can take weeks, sometimes even months for our physical recovery.
Old 10-09-2017, 07:33 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

As others have stated, a doctor is your best bet for an answer specific to your case.

What I can tell you is artificial tears can sometimes make cases of red eye/itchy eye worse over time. I used to use them nightly before bed and noticed my eyes started feeling more dry over time. I researched a bit and found the use of artificial tears can sometimes cause "blocks" and issues with the eye film which decrease our ability to make natural "good" tears. Some even believe the properties of some artificial tears can be addictive, although I'm not sure how much actual research is behind that belief.