Notices

Trying to get to 30 days

Old 10-28-2004, 12:51 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Today is a rough day for me. I'm having trouble dealing with my feelings and not numbing them. I'm losing my mind!!!! UUUUUUUUUUUUUhhhh.........
Old 10-28-2004, 01:21 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Tigerlilly

Hey All,
The sleep thing was killing us too. My boyfriend and I got a good multi vitimin, pick a name brand one they are expensive but not any more than we were spending on beer in a month. Pretty sad when you add it all up. Take them daily they do help. Also we got meletonin.. A natural sleep aid available at Health stores and next to the vitimins at Wal-Mart. It has really helped, we fall asleep faster, and sleep sounder. I havent woken up with that medicine head feeling because it's natural. Lots and lots of water, and no caffeine after 5:00. These things have helped us out. Hope they work for you too. Plus everyday we feel stronger and healthier. I think it's kinda like being drunk, nothing will truly help sober us except time. The longer we stay sober the better we feel. Day eight is passing fast.

Can anyone teach me how to post my own message, I finally figured out the chat, and how to reply to other peoples posts, but I would like to post my story too.

Halloween is busy this year, between us we have 3 kiddos, and they all have great costumes. Plus I'll actually remember the weekend full of events we have goin on.
We really wanted to go shoot darts this weekend but the BAR is a bad idea, so we took some of our "beer money" and went and got a dart board for the house. The kids love it, however they're harder on my darts than the barflies.. LOL Guess Santa can bring them all they're own sets.

Have a great day everyone and sweet dreams to all of you that are just begging for a good nights sleep.

Tigerlilly
Old 10-28-2004, 06:45 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Tigerlilly, those are a few really great ideas!

Hope
Old 10-30-2004, 10:45 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

I am on day 14 today and I slept in for the first time in 2 weeks. Yeah! How is everyone else doing?

jojo
Old 10-31-2004, 07:22 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Hey jojo, so glad to hear that you got to sleep in!! I know it felt great! Today is day 18 for me and I'm surprised. I'm feeling better too.

Hope
Old 10-31-2004, 07:34 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Hey, Hope. I am on day 15. Sleep helps, but I am still sooooo depressed. I'm hanging in there, though. Thanks for keeping this post going, Hope.

jojo
Old 10-31-2004, 07:54 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Paused

Hold on tight everyone. Remember, it does and will get better.
Old 11-03-2004, 09:48 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Tigerlilly

14 Days here. Feeling pretty good, weird sleep patterns. I was always up late and draggin to get up the next day. Now I'm lucky to make it to the 10 o'clock news, and I'm awake before my alarm goes off. Funny how so many unfinished projects around the house are suddenly becoming completed. LOL Have a great week all.

Tigerlilly
Old 11-03-2004, 10:03 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

I am on day 18 here. Thinking about getting off my %ss and doing something productive. Wish me luck!

jojo
Old 11-03-2004, 11:23 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Hey Everybody!!! Day 18 for me!!!! Thanks to you guys. Keep going everybody!!!
Old 11-04-2004, 09:31 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Good morning all. I am on day 19. Starting to feel a little better...

jojo
Old 11-04-2004, 09:41 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Ok, Day 19 for me too. So far so good. My sons 8th birthday is Sat. and today I'm going to buy decorations for his party. If I was using, I know I would be putting it off and be stressed out on Sat. morning driving my family nuts. Today, I am excited about planning his party, and I wont be buying dumb things like I would before.
I remember going to Costco one time loaded and I needed some flour so I bought a 50 pound bag of flour! lol I dont bake that much.
Old 11-04-2004, 05:46 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Day 22 for me here. I have been feeling depressed for the last few days but I know things are going to get better. Thanks jojo and lost angel for helping me keep this thread going. It is inspiring to me when I stop by here and see how well we are all doing together. Keep it up!! You are all in my prayers!

Love,
Hope
Old 12-02-2004, 09:33 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  
Paused

I want to get to 30 days.

Only one day at a time. Baby steps....

Dixie