Old 10-08-2017, 01:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

just want to talk

i am struggling just want to talk to someone
Old 10-08-2017, 01:38 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by nobody7955 View Post
i am struggling just want to talk to someone
Hey, I am here. I’m struggling also. I feel very alone. But this site has been something I can’t seem to turn away from, especially over the last month or so. Even just reading others’ posts does seem to help.
Old 10-08-2017, 01:39 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Do you want to talk about what exactly you’re struggling with?

Me personally, it’s anxiety and the night sweats. And just the mere fact that I should not and really can’t touch alcohol ever again.
Old 10-08-2017, 01:43 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by GreenSwimmer View Post
Do you want to talk about what exactly you’re struggling with?

Me personally, it’s anxiety and the night sweats. And just the mere fact that I should not and really can’t touch alcohol ever again.
i am crying just bc someone answered. i drink just to get through the day. i try to hide it from my husband and kids.
Old 10-08-2017, 01:45 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

There is lots of support here and you are not alone. I also tried my best to hide my drinking from my husband and kids. It was exhausting. We do understand.
  # 6 (permalink)  

The anxiety is horrible. And coming to terms with the fact that drinking needs to be taken off the table permanently. Those are two issues I am struggling with.
I used drinking to escape reality temporarily, to not feel overwhelmed with life and what seems like constant doom and gloom.
I hope it makes you feel a little better that you're not in this alone. Life is really hard at times.
Support and kindness to you xx
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi Nobody! It's good you are looking for someone to talk to. I hope whatever you're struggling with gets better fast. Let us know what it is you're struggling with so we can help. Big hugs to you!
  # 8 (permalink)  

i am crying just bc someone answered. i drink just to get through the day. i try to hide it from my husband and kids.
i feel like a terrible person. sonetimes i dont remember what conversations i have had with them the day before. and i knownsome I f them werent nice.
Old 10-08-2017, 01:46 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Welcome. You are not alone anymore. ☺we all understand and can help you.
Old 10-08-2017, 01:47 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Sorry, I didn't see your next post. That's what I struggled with, too. Not wanting to drink but then wanting it so much I couldn't stop myself. It was horrible. I have almost 50 days sober now! It gets better fast.
Old 10-08-2017, 01:48 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

welcome!!
Old 10-08-2017, 01:49 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

i feel like a terrible person. sonetimes i dont remember what conversations i have had with them the day before. and i knownsome I f them werent nice.
You’re not a terrible person. You’re a sick person who can recover. We all thought drinking helped get us through the day. In reality it makes it a million times worse.

You can start over. You can do it. You’re worth it.
Old 10-08-2017, 01:53 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Anna View Post
There is lots of support here and you are not alone. I also tried my best to hide my drinking from my husband and kids. It was exhausting. We do understand.
i just feel like a jerk all the time the nexr morning. i get drunk and act like an ass to my family. it makes me feel so bad.
Old 10-08-2017, 01:53 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I can’t even count the number of times my husband said to me, “we just talked about this last night.” Or getting my kids up and not remember the pj’s I put them to bed in. Or rearranged everything while drunk and not recognizing my house. It’s an awful feeling, and the shame of it all just compounds the drinking. We all know about it, we’ve all been there.
Old 10-08-2017, 01:54 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Welcome nobody hope your feeling better I also is drink to get through in the day at my worst a litre of vodka im currently 8 days sober and finding different ways to fill tha void ie..meditation ..going gym..spendingbtime on nature find what you love to do the most ..and we are always here when things get tough 🙂
Old 10-08-2017, 01:55 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

You're not a terrible person, you're addicted to alcohol. The good news is that you can stop drinking and make your life so much better. I hope our support can help you get sober for good.
Old 10-08-2017, 01:56 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Welcome. Sorry to hear you are suffering but you are definitely not alone. I have done plenty of stupid, scary, embarrassing and shameful things when drinking. Read around on SR....you will find that many of us have.

Don't let shame keep you locked in the drinking spiral. Drink, feel shame. Drink to take the shame away......on it goes. When you quit (when you are ready) many of these feelings lessen. You can get a bit of perspective and emotions level out a bit over time.
If you want to find a way to quit, you will find lots of advice, support and compassion here.

Take care
Old 10-08-2017, 01:57 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Poppy79 View Post
The anxiety is horrible. And coming to terms with the fact that drinking needs to be taken off the table permanently. Those are two issues I am struggling with.
I used drinking to escape reality temporarily, to not feel overwhelmed with life and what seems like constant doom and gloom.
I hope it makes you feel a little better that you're not in this alone. Life is really hard at times.
Support and kindness to you xx
i stop for a case of beer on friday. start drinking when i get home. weirdly enough i gett energized by the beer to get a bunch of home cleaning done. but there have been numerous times when my kids have needed a ride somewhere, the mall, a friends house, etc. i have given them a ride after way too many beers. i feel like an ass
Old 10-08-2017, 02:45 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Administrator

i just feel like a jerk all the time the nexr morning. i get drunk and act like an ass to my family. it makes me feel so bad.
Yes, and then you feel so bad that you drink to stop the shame and guilt. It's a horrible vicious cycle, but you can break free and be the person you want to be.
Old 10-08-2017, 02:57 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

We're here to listen & help, nobody. I'm so glad you joined us.

Most of us know exactly how you feel - I was the same way before I quit. Being here really helps - we can talk things over with those who understand. Please keep posting - you can get free of it and have a good life again.