Notices

just want to talk

Old 10-08-2017, 03:08 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Nobody,
You will always be a "somebody valued" here at SR. What you are feeling we all have felt before. But, it gets better each day that you remain sober. A whole new bright future is ahead of you. You just can't see it now because alcohol distorts your vision. It lies and makes you think you cannot 'live' or function without it. But, that is not true! You can live without it. You will take back your control. Stay with us because together we are strong.
Old 10-08-2017, 03:18 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hello,

Welcome to SR! You will find so much support on this site. I know it is hard, especially the first few weeks, but definitely worth it.

Join us on the 24 hour thread, and also join the October 2017 class, you will find lots of support.
Old 10-08-2017, 04:06 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome nobody7955

When I first came to SR I was amazed by the support here and the fact that people not only understood my struggle but they cared about what happened to me.as well.

I was so sick of the person I'd become. I loathed the face in the mirror...

But SR helped me find the real me again. I know we can help you do the same

You're not alone

D
Old 10-09-2017, 04:56 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by nobody7955 View Post
i am crying just bc someone answered. i drink just to get through the day. i try to hide it from my husband and kids.
I’m so sorry, I am just now seeing your reply. I also drink to get through the day. I use excuses like “this situation would be easier, or I wouldn’t have to worry so much about this situation if I just had liquor in my system.” When in reality, it always seems to make it worse and I’m pretty sure I’m not fooling anyone.

I know we can pull through this together. I know for me, in the past anyway, if I can pull through and make it to 3-4 days sober, I start feeling a heckuva lot better, healthier, and I can start getting some good sleep without the night sweats. To me there’s nothing worse than those dreaded night sweats!

I have your back! Let’s do this once and for all! How are you doing today, Nobody?