Notices

Need help. Just to get through this day..

Old 10-08-2017, 05:01 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Need help. Just to get through this day..

Hi All,

So I havent posted in a while. Hit a bit of a rock bottom after a few attempts at stopping.. Just feeling so hopeless and overwhelmed. I know if I get through today, I can start of the week fresh, go to work and on tuesday have an AA meeting.. in that sense I am determined, just momentarily destroyed mentally and petrified for the future
Old 10-08-2017, 05:06 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Lonewolf

I’m sorry you’re feeling down. Here for support if you need. What are your plans for today? Any reason you can’t get to a meeting until Tues?
Old 10-08-2017, 05:07 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
G-Woman

Hey LoneWolf, I know your struggle all too well. Keep close to these boards and let us know how you're doing. Are you able to get to an AA meeting today?
Old 10-08-2017, 04:41 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

How are you feeling now LoneWolf?

D
Old 10-08-2017, 09:57 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Maybe read the Just for Today card (funny, I just osted it for someone else)....

JUST FOR TODAY
Just for today I will try to live through this day only, and not tackle my whole life problem at once. I can do something for 12 hours that would appal me if I felt I had to keep it up for a lifetime.

JUST FOR TODAY
Just for today I will be happy. Most folks are as happy as they make up their minds to be.

JUST FOR TODAY
I will adjust myself to what is, and not try to adjust everything to my own desires. I will take my luck as it comes, and fit myself to it.

JUST FOR TODAY
I will strengthen my mind.
I will study I will learn something useful.
I will not be a mental loafer.
I will read something that requires effort, thought and concentration.

JUST FOR TODAY
I will exercise my soul in three ways, I will do someone a good turn, and NOT get found out. If anybody knows of it, it will not count. I will do at least two things I dont want to do just for exercise
I will not show anyone my feelings are hurt, they may be hurt, but today I will not show it.

JUST FOR TODAY
I will be agreeable, I will look as well as I can, dress becomingly, talk low, act courteously, criticise not one bit, not find fault with anything, and not try to improve or regulate anybody except myself.

JUST FOR TODAY
I will have a program. I may not follow it exactly, but I will have it. I will save myself from two pests, hurry and indecision.

JUST FOR TODAY
I will have a quiet half hour all by myself and relax. During this half hour sometime, I will try and get a better perspective of my life.

JUST FOR TODAY
I will be unafraid. Especially I will not be afraid to enjoy what is beautiful, and to believe that as I give to the world, so the world will give to me.

If there are no meetings that it's possible to get to, perhaps get a mini-fix of AA by listening to some of the AA speakers - there are loads to choose from on here .... https://www.recoveryaudio.org/ Personally I enjoy Sandy Beach and Earl Hightower. Also Clancy and a few others.

You can get through this - one day at a time.

BB