Notices

Day three

Old 10-07-2017, 09:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day three

I have been sober for three days. I have been drinking since I was a teenager, but not like this. I can't even pinpoint when it became something I had to do. In my 20's it was to feel comfortable in social situations. Now in my 30's it is to feel comfortable physically and emotionally. I was, and am, seriously getting scared for my health. It's always "I will quit when.. or after ." I suffer in silence hiding the heavy drinking and drinking lightly around my husband and friends. I feel like my whole life is a lie in many ways. I want to feel proud as a mother, not guilty because I'm always hungover and don't feel like playing or am short tempered. This is heart breaking for me as I love my family so much.
I just want it to last this time. I need to work on myself in so many ways it is overwhelming.
Old 10-07-2017, 11:48 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Do your best

Welcome & don't worry there is lots of useful information here to help with people who have been where you are now

I promise it's a better life not drinking
Old 10-08-2017, 03:47 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Same boat

Hi I'm on day 5 . Mother of 3 young kids and want to change for them. Are you having any withdrawal ? I'm still tired . Snappy and very anxious ... I was drinking alone and hiding it... Only drinking the odd glass in ground I anyone . So I'm battling all this on my own and very scared. I'm scared of what I have done to my liver . But to scared to go to the doctor .
Old 10-08-2017, 03:55 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi there- I am a mother of 2 little boys 6 and under so I now that guilt all too well.
You are here and that is what matters. I have been using SR since January of 2016 and can proudly say I am now 5 months sober. You CAN do this. Figure out a plan and stick with it. If you need more support you can find meetings or even a therapist to help you. You don't have to do this alone! Please post as often as you need to. There were times I was tempted to drink and I posted here first and was talked out of it. It has been a lifesaver.
Wishing you well and hope to see you on the 24 hour thread!
Old 10-08-2017, 04:02 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Sober date: 20th May 2023

You've come to the right place Tiredandlost. I know the guilt you mentioned all to well. Stick close to SR. We are all in this together and you will find so much support here. xxx
Old 10-08-2017, 02:39 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank you for the response..day for now yes, I am still tired. Most of my withdrawals were shaking, sweating, insomnia, agitation and I know my blood pressure was high but not super dangerous because I was at the doctor for something unrelated and they took it. They didn't seem overly concerned, however, the person in me who hides everything told her I was nervous. I guess that is true too:/
I'm staying busy. My oldest turned 16 yesterday and is getting ready for a school dance next weekend. Today she has a orchestra concert so busy helps a lot. I also have a three yr old. Enough said. There have still been plenty of moments of thinking about it but not wanting to drink.
I am looking into a program..maybe not AA. Hasn't been for me in the past. Maybe I wasn't ready. Therapy for sure though.
It is good to have support on here thanks
Old 10-08-2017, 04:20 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome tiredandlost and to you too Loui

SR helped me to turn my life around - I know we can help you do the same

Support is vital - and there's a ton of it here...so if you need help just ask for it

D