Notices

In a black mood. Bought 2 bottles.

Old 10-07-2017, 06:45 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Sweetichick, hello!

I have read your posts for a while, and it pains me to see you be so self destructive. Your illness (alcoholism) certainly has many, many escape mechanisms to get away from true recovery. In biology, on a molecular level, an escape mechanism is a mutation that will keep a disease resistant to drug treatment.

Escape mechanisms I have read from you:
Your boyfriend.
Your neighbor.
AA Philosophies.
Didn't have a car.
Did have a car.
Worried about your will.
Think your children hate you.

Your disorder has used these and other excuses to keep from getting real help and real recovery.

You deserve a peaceful and happy life, Sweetichick. I hope some day you believe that, too. You are the only one who can make that happen.
Old 10-07-2017, 07:01 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hi Sweetichick,

I am glad you decided to dump out the wine, it will definitely only complicate matters.

Your kids are still young, and you still have lots of time to build a stronger relationship with them, and it will be much easier to do that sober.

Did you get to an AA meeting? That would be a good place to meet new people, and much healthier than the relationship with your neighbor, it might be time to cut the ties there, it doesn't seem to help you to feel any better.

Check in and let us know how you are doing.
Old 10-07-2017, 09:25 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Seren View Post
Sweetichick, hello!

I have read your posts for a while, and it pains me to see you be so self destructive. Your illness (alcoholism) certainly has many, many escape mechanisms to get away from true recovery. In biology, on a molecular level, an escape mechanism is a mutation that will keep a disease resistant to drug treatment.

Escape mechanisms I have read from you:
Your boyfriend.
Your neighbor.
AA Philosophies.
Didn't have a car.
Did have a car.
Worried about your will.
Think your children hate you.

Your disorder has used these and other excuses to keep from getting real help and real recovery.

You deserve a peaceful and happy life, Sweetichick. I hope some day you believe that, too. You are the only one who can make that happen.
I don't really get it. My ex and neighbour are one and the same. I am not imagining my kids hate me but after 5 years of no contact... what would you think. Offer them a car and house... Still no response. No wonder I am so down. My neighbour left in tears today after seeing how down I was.
Old 10-07-2017, 09:28 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Administrator

Maybe you can make a Drs appointment for tomorrow, Sweetichick?
Old 10-07-2017, 09:34 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Ok good idea. Never felt so bad.
Old 10-08-2017, 04:38 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Sweetichick,

I am sorry...I am not at all saying that your problems are imaginary. I know that you are estranged from your children. I had forgotten the neighbor and ex were one-and-the-same. And sometimes I am the only one who gets my analogies.

I am only observing this...if you finally decided to not let these things distract you, then you could turn and embrace real recovery.

You deserve to feel better, and I hope very much that you will, as Dee suggested, go see your doctor. My wish for you is that you will someday truly believe you deserve to be happy and will do what it takes to get well.

Old 10-08-2017, 04:40 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Administrator

How are you today sweetichick?

D
Old 10-08-2017, 09:04 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Better thanks Dee. I rang the Mental health hotline and talked to them.
Old 10-08-2017, 09:17 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thats good sweetichick
Old 10-08-2017, 09:54 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Active Alcoholism creates problems: problems with family, with neighbors, with depression, with communication, with everything.

Consider for a moment that you're going to get nowhere as long as you drink. Then put down the drink, commit to AA and see what happens.

AA is only scary if you don't feel like quitting. Once you're ready, it becomes a haven, a safe place, a place of peace.

Quit first. Then address problems. Guarantee you have created most of them because of drinking. They won't be resolved without sobriety.

Been there done that, currently throwing out the T- shirts. Good riddance to those old rags.