Notices

The first drink

Old 10-05-2017, 11:08 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The first drink

When I look back I realise that I really struggled to put up with drinking. I was chasing the immediate pleasant feeling you have after 1 or 2 drinks. The subsequent drinks never added to make the initial feeling last longer or better.

In the day time drinking 1 or 2 and stopping left me feeling fuzzy and not quite there and often with a low grade headache a couple hours later. I was never one that enjoyed going for pub lunches, unless lunch meant carrying on all day.

Drinking a small amount then stopping a few hours before starting again was always a disappointment, never got that elusive feeling from the first drink in the second session.

Even latterly when I was drinking too much daily. I would generally wait until the evening and time my half bottle of vodka to finish when I went sleep. The times I started too early led to buying another half bottle. I hated when I did that as I was in for a bad hangover then.

I am pleasantly surprised that my desire to drink alone has gone and I am repelled by the thought of the physical discomfort that comes with drinking.

So many times going around bagged up and restless from drinking.
Old 10-05-2017, 11:23 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It's like cocaine. You do 1-2 'lines'. THEN you spend the rest of your night/days trying to get that same 1st high feeling. You can't.
Old 10-05-2017, 02:09 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yup, I REALLY hated it when I started drinking at lunchtime then had to stop for a couple of hours before starting again. It made me angry, felt like skipping straight to the hangover. The minute I have a drink I'm back in all that planning again, when, what, how much and at what time. How much can I get away with without being to hungover for work? How much should I buy so I don't have to go back to the shop? Despising people who do pub lunches, have a couple of pints and stop.

Whew! Thanks for posting. I almost forgot how much all of that sucks. **** that!

Last edited by Dee74; 10-05-2017 at 03:53 PM.
Old 10-05-2017, 05:38 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

When I drank beer with lunch, and then stopped I never felt good. I solved that problem by just continuing drinking until bedtime.

I am so thankful that those days are over.
Old 10-05-2017, 06:37 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I agree with everything everyone said!
Old 10-05-2017, 07:26 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Um Dia de Cada Vez

It's like the tale of Xanadu. Once you go there you will always want to return. I wished I could have avoided my first drink as well.

Good luck and stay sober!