SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Day 1. No more games. (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/416819-day-1-no-more-games.html)

Sinderos 10-03-2017 05:04 AM

Day 1. No more games.

So weaning doesn’t work. Not for me anyway. The next 3 days I work both jobs which will definitely help me not to drink. I have no vodka in the house. Unfortunately because I drank it all last night.

I’ve come to realize my friend isn’t really my friend. He’s a good person and hasn’t done anything to me, but he was really dragging me down. Worse than I already am. He didn’t do it intentionally. We’re just 2 people with addictions who were feeding off of each other. So I’ve quit messaging him and if he messages me I’ll be nice, but won’t encourage contact. He still will be going to jail so there won’t be any contact when that occurs for sure.

This is not gonna be easy, but I have to do this to save my life. In a lot of ways.

Here’s to day 1. I’ll be reading as much as I can. I will be strong today!!!

D122y 10-03-2017 05:22 AM

Sind,

When that switch flips you will know it.

I did.

I keep reading and posting, go to an AA meeting once in a while, hit the gym, try to eat clean, and hydrate.

My crave time is around 12 to 6. That is when i get ansy.

Before and after that, it is ok...not perfect though for sure.

Thanks.

Dee74 10-03-2017 05:30 AM

Wishing you the best Sinderos - make a good plan and stick to it :)

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...very-plan.html

Sinderos 10-03-2017 05:48 AM

My crave time is when I get off work. Thankfully I don’t get off of my night job until between 8:30 and 9:00 pm. I’ll still be craving it at that time but I’m going to be strong. I’m going to log on to the meeting on here if I don’t get off late.

entropy1964 10-03-2017 06:05 AM

Hi Sinderos

Glad you're trying again. When I read the post about only having a couple of drinks being a victory I thought, ruh, roh....scoody doo voice.

I guess it still goes back to that thorough honesty with yourself. Everything in your post above was said to you by multiple people several posts back. I know that I hate (HATE) taking advice. Imagine that? I don't think that's an uncommon personality defect among addicts. Guess that's why sharing from personal experience seems to work better overall.

BUT, I try to imagine if I actually did listen to all the direction I have received over the years? Wow. I'd have 14 years sober. I'm trying now to listen to those around me, really listen. And also realize that is someone is 'worse off' than I am, that that is where I will end up if I continue to drink. It just hasn't happened YET. I'm a work in progress :)

Good luck. Don't drink no matter what.

Anna 10-03-2017 06:14 AM

I'm glad to see you here, Sinderos. I hope you take some time today to come up with specific and detailed plan to help you get through this.

Sinderos 10-03-2017 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by Frickaflip233 (Post 6624265)
Hi Sinderos
And also realize that is someone is 'worse off' than I am, that that is where I will end up if I continue to drink. It just hasn't happened YET. I'm a work in progress :)

Good luck. Don't drink no matter what.

I’m way worse than I was just 2 months ago. I’m going to lose everything if I dont get my act together and quit drinking. I don’t want to lose all that I’ve worked so hard for.

Sinderos 10-03-2017 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by Anna (Post 6624293)
I'm glad to see you here, Sinderos. I hope you take some time today to come up with specific and detailed plan to help you get through this.

I’m working literally all day. I do plan to read over the document Dee sent the link for at lunch. My plan for today is to work both jobs and when I get off tonight go straight home, walk my pups and then clean the kitchen before going to bed.

The next 3 days I work 7 to 4 then 5 to 9. It will help a lot not having much free time the first few days.

Friday night I’ll be off in the evening. I’m going to make a solid plan for that night.

DreamCatcher17 10-03-2017 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by Sinderos (Post 6624228)
So weaning doesn’t work. Not for me anyway. The next 3 days I work both jobs which will definitely help me not to drink. I have no vodka in the house. Unfortunately because I drank it all last night.

I’ve come to realize my friend isn’t really my friend. He’s a good person and hasn’t done anything to me, but he was really dragging me down. Worse than I already am. He didn’t do it intentionally. We’re just 2 people with addictions who were feeding off of each other. So I’ve quit messaging him and if he messages me I’ll be nice, but won’t encourage contact. He still will be going to jail so there won’t be any contact when that occurs for sure.

This is not gonna be easy, but I have to do this to save my life. In a lot of ways.

Here’s to day 1. I’ll be reading as much as I can. I will be strong today!!!

Welcome and congrats on day 1. Keep it going :c011: