Notices

Class of October 2017 Support Thread pt. 1

Old 10-11-2017, 12:41 PM
  # 301 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BrightenMeUp View Post
Checkin in
It's the morning of day 8 for me. Almost broke down and went back to day 1 last night but I managed to stay strong the best I could.

Had about 3.5 hrs. of sleep. All I can say is thank God I took this week off of my work.

Feeling no better or no worse. Thats about all the energy I have to type. Sorry if my typing is off I usually keep my grammar fairly neat.

Keep the news coming in good or bad, reading here is pretty much whats keepin me on track.

Thanks
Brighten
Great job!! I know it’s so hard to not get sleep. If you can try to get yourself into a routine, it can help a lot. Have you been able to nap during the day?
Old 10-11-2017, 12:44 PM
  # 302 (permalink)  

Day 8 here. Had a dr’s appt to go over bloodwork taken last week. Everything actually came back really good, so that was reassuring. Trying to get motivated to go do some yoga. Need to figure out dinner first.

Hope everyone’s doing ok today!
Old 10-11-2017, 12:56 PM
  # 303 (permalink)  

Day 10 here. I slept like a rock. Deeper than I can ever remember, with vivid dreams too. I’m hoping that means my brain is healing.
Old 10-11-2017, 01:13 PM
  # 304 (permalink)  

Day 1.
I've had as much as 28 days since February and I'm tired of fighting this.
Had 6 days and drank last night to take the shakes, anxiety , etc etc off.
I don't know how I came across this page, but I hope to find it tomorrow.
Off to my sweating!
Old 10-11-2017, 01:51 PM
  # 305 (permalink)  

Checkin in
It's the morning of day 8 for me. Almost broke down and went back to day 1 last night but I managed to stay strong the best I could.

Had about 3.5 hrs. of sleep. All I can say is thank God I took this week off of my work.

Feeling no better or no worse. Thats about all the energy I have to type. Sorry if my typing is off I usually keep my grammar fairly neat.

Keep the news coming in good or bad, reading here is pretty much whats keepin me on track.

Thanks
Brighten
Way to hang tough! You've got this.

Day 9 for me. I'm feeling so good, so very clear headed. Not being in a foggy rut feels wonderful. My mind feels so much freer.
My AV has chimed in a few times but for the most part I've been able to manage this pretty well.

I will do this. You can too.
Old 10-11-2017, 02:59 PM
  # 306 (permalink)  

Thank You for the encouragement friends!
I managed to get a workout in this morning and then laid down for a nap and actually fell asleep (its a miracle). Side note to that is I still remember the dreams cuz they were so vivid and real which I actually enjoy!!
Also, congrats to all of you on your days sober and thanks again for the words of wisdom which I rely upon.
Brighten

Oh, what is A.V.? Sorry

Last edited by BrightenMeUp; 10-11-2017 at 03:00 PM. Reason: a question
Old 10-11-2017, 03:04 PM
  # 307 (permalink)  

Thank You for the encouragement friends!
I managed to get a workout in this morning and then laid down for a nap and actually fell asleep (its a miracle). Side note to that is I still remember the dreams cuz they were so vivid and real which I actually enjoy!!
Also, congrats to all of you on your days sober and thanks again for the words of wisdom which I rely upon.
Brighten

Oh, what is A.V.? Sorry
"Addictive Voice" - it was coined by Trimpey, I think...You can read about Addictive Voice Recognition Technique (AVRT) in the Secular section here on Sober Recovery,

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...r-connections/
Old 10-11-2017, 03:09 PM
  # 308 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by waxfruit View Post
Day 1.
I've had as much as 28 days since February and I'm tired of fighting this.
Had 6 days and drank last night to take the shakes, anxiety , etc etc off.
I don't know how I came across this page, but I hope to find it tomorrow.
Off to my sweating!
Welcome! This is an awesome class. Glad you are here. It gets better with time. And a recovery plan.
Old 10-11-2017, 03:18 PM
  # 309 (permalink)  

So, I had a good day, despite the horrible sleep last pm. Im currently walking alot! 3 to 5 miles a day. Which is hard, because I have issues with my feet. Bunions, flat footed, etc. I was advised by my doc some time ago, to see a podiatrist. Being how my healthcare is so crappy these days, I just cant afford that. I did buy some inserts to put in my gym shoes, they help a bit. Its worth every step. Exercise helps me tremendously. Asked my hubs if maybe we could look into an elliptical? I do have a treadmill, but the constant pressure of walking, is hurting my bad feet. Any suggestions folks?

Hope everyone had a sober today. Tomorrow, Im getting a new haircut and color. Im excited about that, hope it turns out well. Im liking this new me! Hope my class is doing well.
Old 10-11-2017, 03:28 PM
  # 310 (permalink)  

Just checking in happy to see how great everyone is doing. Currently on day18 and feeling pretty good still trouble sleeping but that seems to be a common theme here and a major reason I drank in the first place. I'm having a lot of anxiety about my health and what affects my drinking has had on me. When I was drinking my health never really crossed my mind it's funny how that works to busy thinking about booze to care I guess. I have scheduled a physical bur couldn't get in for a month so I guess I have some more worrying to do but defiantly not going to drink.

Anyway hang in there everyone I have only been on the forum 1 day but it has made all the difference so thank you to all
Old 10-11-2017, 04:04 PM
  # 311 (permalink)  

Joining this group. Over four years ago, I joined my first support thread like this, March 2013. Sigh.

My birthday is on Saturday. 47. Maybe it's time to quit this bullspit for good. Would be a good gift to myself, among other things. Like a life.

Thanks everyone.
Old 10-11-2017, 04:16 PM
  # 312 (permalink)  

I am starting to feel the rage that’s been a piece of me for a long time start to fade. I am pretty sure it’s anxiety manifesting as rage, but regardless, 10 days in and I’m feeling more patient and less amped up and blame-y of everyone else.

I’ve definitely eaten my weight in sour patch kids. The craving of sweets is no joke... I don’t even really have much of a sweet tooth most of the time and here I’m eating straight candy. But I’m also noticing that I want a huge salad. I feel like my body is just beginning to adjust, but it feels good. I’m even just enjoying the observing of the changes.

No cravings today, which has been fantastic. Yesterday was tough... but I’m so glad I stuck it out.
Old 10-11-2017, 04:41 PM
  # 313 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome waxfruit and meso

Meso. I just told someone else what a great present a sober birthday is - all my best birthdays have been sober ones.

D
Old 10-11-2017, 05:17 PM
  # 314 (permalink)  

My kids are driving me up the wall today! Nothing like a 4yo to make you want to drink. I feel bad because I’m just so irritable and don’t have any patience right now. Dinner and bedtime is the worst, but thankfully they’re down now and I’m having a tea to relax. Need some better techniques for tomorrow. It’s been rainy so we all haven’t gotten as much fresh air and exercise as we need. I’m going to make it a point to get up early and do some cardio.

Sounds like everyone’s making headway. Hopefully next week we’ll get some better sleep. Great job kicking some AV butt today!
Old 10-12-2017, 03:40 AM
  # 315 (permalink)  

Morning class, and welcome Meso and Waxfruit. This is a very supportive forum I am finding, and a lot of good wisdome.

Early check-in here on morning of day 5. Yesterday would have normally been a big binge for me after work. Nailed a big presentation. No real big committments at work today. Boss is out of office. Normally, I would have grabbed a 12 pack of high ABV beer on way home and celebrated. Instead, I came home and..... went to bed early. Yay me. Reading and posting here, as well as getting my actions to mirror a new routine have helped.

In reading here, I know that the only day that really counts is today. Heading to help my parents move to a new place in the mountains. They have retired and do not drink at all, so I plan to keep busy getting them settled in.

Congrats to everyone on the progress. I read every one of your posts, and it is comforting to know we are out there for each other in this journey. BC
Old 10-12-2017, 03:44 AM
  # 316 (permalink)  

Joining the class today. Drank again last night and feeling terrible about it.
It's good to know I'm not alone. Good luck everyone
Old 10-12-2017, 03:47 AM
  # 317 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Good Morning, Everyone!
Old 10-12-2017, 03:52 AM
  # 318 (permalink)  

Hi - sorry I've not been on for a couple of days. I only really get chance in the mornings but I've come straight into the office and got down to work.

Hi to all the new ones. I have to say I am feeling much better now. A week yesterday I had a drink. I'm sleeping great although still having the dreams. Night before last was fab, I dreamt there was this big wave of energy came over the earth, like a big happy wave. When I got up and for a good part of the day after that everything seemed more vibrant. All my senses seemed to be more acute and I felt like nothing could upset me. Last night I dreamt I was in my car and 2 people were trying to rob it and I couldn't move to scare them off so woke up in a panic at 5am. Anybody interested in reading dreams would have a field day with that .

Julia - I really want to get into meditation! It's one of those things that seems to get pushed down my priority list.

I'm running a half marathon on Sunday. I've done one 5K in the last 2 weeks. Not good! Not good at all!
Old 10-12-2017, 04:06 AM
  # 319 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome DM

D
Old 10-12-2017, 04:20 AM
  # 320 (permalink)  

Congrats everyone

Day 116 for me but I still feel like a newbie. My experience of regular binge drinking (15 years) dwarfs my sober time (0.3 years!) but the thing that keeps me going is the fact that if I were return to drinking, nothing in my life my life would really change. Sure, probably nothing particularly terrible would happen (at first), but nothing particularly good would happen either. I don't want to fall back into murky stasis. Life is too short!

One day at a time x