Notices

Anxiety

Old 09-29-2017, 06:08 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Anxiety

I'm letting my friends issues get to me. He lost his job and is still avoiding turning himself in. I'm the one that talked to our boss this morning. (We worked together. He was full time and I'm part time.) The boss thought he was already in jail and needed a paper signed so he could keep his job. When he found out what happened he told me he was terminating him. I understand though. He's been very understanding and accommodating. My friend unfortunately screwed it up.

I'm anxious thinking about not drinking. This means the date I have planned after work needs to be cancelled. We were gonna have a few drinks.

Being off work the last 2 days has put me way behind and I'm super stressed about it. I'm just gonna work as hard as I can. More than likely work tomorrow too. Probably a good idea so I'm not home alone all day.

Sorry to ramble.
Old 09-29-2017, 06:23 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Are you trying to stop drinking, Sinderos? I don't understand why you were planning a date with a few drinks after work today?

Focus on yourself and allow your friend to find his own way, at least for now.
Old 09-29-2017, 06:30 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I planned the date the other day. Now I'm going to cancel it because I want to quit drinking. My brain is a bit scattered so I may not have worded my post correctly.

After work I'm giving serious consideration to an AA meeting.
Old 09-29-2017, 06:49 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hope things get better for you Sinderos, it will don't worry.

If you now have a free night, don't consider a meeting....decide to go and you will feel much better about making that decision.
Old 09-29-2017, 07:19 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

You can do this!
Old 09-29-2017, 07:38 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Yeah, I agree with Anna, let your friend deal with his own problems - that's not yours to sort out. You have bigger fish to fry.

Today is not a day to drink!
Old 09-29-2017, 08:58 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Y'all are right. I can't help him in the shape I'm in. Worrying about him isn't gonna help anything, but stress me out. I can lot help but care about him thought. We've gotten pretty close the last few months.
Old 09-29-2017, 09:06 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I think the meeting sounds a great idea. Just go, sit and listen to people who are sharing their experiences, their strength, and most importantly, their hope. If you sit at home steeping in your respective chaos (his recent events, and your washing machine head) then you're just going to become more enmeshed in it all. He's a grown-up. No reason for you to be speaking to the boss on his behalf. You have your own fish to fry, and as much as looking at someone elses problems are a pretty nice way to manage to ignore our own, that doesn't seem to be getting you very far at present.

I hope you manage to get yourself to that meeting.

BB
Old 09-29-2017, 09:57 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Berrybean View Post
I think the meeting sounds a great idea. Just go, sit and listen to people who are sharing their experiences, their strength, and most importantly, their hope. If you sit at home steeping in your respective chaos (his recent events, and your washing machine head) then you're just going to become more enmeshed in it all. He's a grown-up. No reason for you to be speaking to the boss on his behalf. You have your own fish to fry, and as much as looking at someone elses problems are a pretty nice way to manage to ignore our own, that doesn't seem to be getting you very far at present.

I hope you manage to get yourself to that meeting.

BB
Thank you BB! The only reason I talked to the boss is because the boss called me. He thought my friend was already in jail. I broke him the news of what happened. So instead of him keeping his job he's now unemployed.

I definitely plan on the meeting. Regardless of how tired I am. It's been a very rough few days. Physically and mentally I am drained.
Old 09-29-2017, 04:54 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

did you get to the meeting Sinderos?

D