SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   35 days sober.. urine smells awful (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/416635-35-days-sober-urine-smells-awful.html)

Spybee007 09-28-2017 10:35 PM

35 days sober.. urine smells awful

Hey all,
So as my title says, my urine smells awful. Enough for my girlfriend to notice and it's been smelling like that for about a month. I went to the doctor and she took a sample and said there was no UTI. Has anyone else had this in early sobriety? I feel ok other than reflux and my pee isn't dark, I drink a decent amount of water.. thanks!

Dee74 09-29-2017 12:41 AM

eating anything different lately - new meds or supplements?

all those things can have an effect

D

heavencanwait 09-29-2017 05:59 AM

I had the same thing. It lasted about 2 months. I am just over 3 months now and it seems to be gone. Reflux is also easing off. Our bodies are doing a whole lot of changing and adjusting to our new healthy,clean life. I think for us it is just flushing out the crap so to speak.

anxiousrock 09-29-2017 12:27 PM

It's probably just food. If your doctor isn't worried I wouldn't be.
Can't they give you something for your stomach/reflux?

Spybee007 10-02-2017 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by Dee74 (Post 6619885)
eating anything different lately - new meds or supplements?

all those things can have an effect

D

Just Zantac and Lexapro, not sure if that would cause it?

Spybee007 10-02-2017 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by heavencanwait (Post 6620067)
I had the same thing. It lasted about 2 months. I am just over 3 months now and it seems to be gone. Reflux is also easing off. Our bodies are doing a whole lot of changing and adjusting to our new healthy,clean life. I think for us it is just flushing out the crap so to speak.

Thanks, that makes me feel better. Congrats on 3 months that's Awesome! How long did you drink?

Spybee007 10-02-2017 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by Anarock (Post 6620463)
It's probably just food. If your doctor isn't worried I wouldn't be.
Can't they give you something for your stomach/reflux?

Yeah, you're probably right. I dont really have any other symptoms..She gave me Zantac.

KES06 10-03-2017 02:15 AM

Not only did my urine smell, but I, personally, smelled as all of the toxins started to leave my body. Drink more water than you think you need. Push water on yourself. Add some lemon, too. That helps the flush. Your urine should barely have any color to it if you are fully hydrated. This, too, shall pass.

Spybee007 10-08-2017 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by KES06 (Post 6624109)
Not only did my urine smell, but I, personally, smelled as all of the toxins started to leave my body. Drink more water than you think you need. Push water on yourself. Add some lemon, too. That helps the flush. Your urine should barely have any color to it if you are fully hydrated. This, too, shall pass.

Thanks, I'll try the lemon in water. I had heard about body odor when detoxing. My urine looks like water just about, so I think I'm staying hydrated enough..

jryan19982 10-08-2017 04:41 PM

Well pee doesn't smell like roses lol. Jk. I had a similar experience as well. While you were drinking you probably pissed a lot and it was clear mostly? Well now that you aren't drinking as much fluid your urine is darker I would imagine? It may just be now you are remembering what urine actually smells like? But since your gf noticed maybe there's something to it. Give it a few months and pound water. Shee what happens.