Notices

Day 36 Sober

Old 09-28-2017, 05:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 36 Sober

Hi all! I joined this site to read others stories about sobriety and it helps me a lot. Today is day 36 for me sober. I am addicted to alcohol, I have gotten a DUI because of it, lost my husband, lost jobs, etc just to name a few. I blacked out 4 months ago, (one of many blackouts) fell down a flight of stairs and had a small rotator cuff tear. Had to go to ER and don't remember falling at all. What happened in August was working from 730-430, going out till 12 and starting all over again I was drained. Mentally, physically and spiritually. I went out after work for happy hour, which usually went on for many hours, even when I tried not to, and drank probably 10 beers. Woke up next morning for work and couldn't work. I was so tired and still drunk. Drank all day with friends and blacked out. I woke up next day, Saturday and said I can't do this anymore. My soul hurt. It definitely was divine intervention, God, that took a hold of me. People in my life have said they are shocked how fast I changed. I was a mess for about 2 years. I had a few beers on August 23 due to some withdrawal i was having and never drank again. I was averaging from 6-12 beers everyday for about 2 years, and about same or less a few years prior, but it was increasingly getting worse. I am a 35 year old female. I have become so focused on a great new job I have, drinking lots of water, working out and staying addicted on bettering myself! It has been a long, painful road for me and I hope I continue to stay on this path. Thank you for listening and any advice is appreciated =)
Old 09-28-2017, 06:37 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 36 days. The early days were the hardest so far for me. I, sorry for the loss you've experienced in your life. Those events certainly hurt you heart, but alcohol makes it so much worse....I drank when I lost both my folks. I'm glad you are taking care of yourself especially since you are only 35. I wish your soul God's healing. Blessings and welcome!
Old 09-28-2017, 06:38 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Great to read, I'm very happy for you! I love the part about being addicted to bettering yourself.
Old 09-28-2017, 08:40 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR XtinaM82 - and congrats on 36 days

D
Old 09-28-2017, 09:05 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Really well done😀
Old 09-30-2017, 02:24 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Good job for coming here.
Stay with it and keep coming back.
Old 10-01-2017, 05:41 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SimplyFree View Post
Congratulations on 36 days. The early days were the hardest so far for me. I, sorry for the loss you've experienced in your life. Those events certainly hurt you heart, but alcohol makes it so much worse....I drank when I lost both my folks. I'm glad you are taking care of yourself especially since you are only 35. I wish your soul God's healing. Blessings and welcome!
Thank you so much! It became a vicious cycle, I would cause more issues by drinking, then I would drink more to cover those problems up. Drinking makes things so much worse, you are right!
Old 10-01-2017, 05:44 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JC-NY View Post
Great to read, I'm very happy for you! I love the part about being addicted to bettering yourself.
Thank you! I appreciate it=)
Old 10-01-2017, 06:03 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Congrats on 36 days!! Keep up the good work...