Notices

It's time to do something. I'm at my bottom.

Old 09-28-2017, 12:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

It's time to do something. I'm at my bottom.

I emailed my counselor to get suggestions for outpatient therapy. She thinks it's a great idea and gave me some recommendations. I'm calling my insurance company tomorrow to see what they'll cover so I can see if I can afford it. I'm at my bottom. I'm scared about the effects my drinking is taking on my job. My decisions are very poor right now. I've missed 2 days this week because of drinking and hate to say it the drug I took last night. I still can't believe I did that.

I'm struggling and just want to get better. I'm to the point I don't care if my work finds out that I'm in treatment. If they fire me then I'm screwed but will figure something out. I just want to get better.
Old 09-28-2017, 12:22 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Going alcohol free might seem hard right now, but surely it has to be better than the way you're feeling now? Trust me, it is
I don't know what your job is, or what your employers are like, but remember, you've been ill this week - that's not a lie. The reasons behind why you've been ill, are nobodies business, unless you want to tell them.
I honestly believe you can do this
Old 09-28-2017, 12:28 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you Zanna. I am ill. Just not with a stomach bug that I told them. Being alcohol free will be so much better than I feel now. I'm so depressed. Very upset with myself for the decisions I've been making. Physically I'm not doing good due to the excessive drinking this week. I'm over all this. I did check online with my insurance. If I quit drinking I'll be able to afford outpatient therapy. Im just so tired. The struggle is getting to me.
Old 09-28-2017, 12:39 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You will be exhausted at the moment, but that will pass Make sure you're taking in plenty of water and try not to drink too much coffee for a few days (it's dehydrating too)
You can do this
Old 09-28-2017, 12:43 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I have faith in you!!!!!!
Old 09-28-2017, 12:52 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by Sinderos View Post
Im just so tired. The struggle is getting to me.
Sinderos, this is just how I felt at the end of my drinking days. I was completely exhausted. Have faith that you can move forward from this point. I hope the outpatient rehab works out.
Old 09-28-2017, 02:09 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I really hope you can get into a program Sinderos, things can be so much better for you. In the meantime you can spend as much time as you have here, we're always open!