Notices

Xanax taper

Old 09-27-2017, 08:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Xanax taper

Hey guys, this is my first time posting on here. So here is my situation. I took 2mgs of Xanax everyday for 12 days to help with my suboxen detox. Now I really think I'm having Xanax withdrawal because the subs aren't helping. Can this happen after 12 days? It got so bad after about a day and a half that I took .5mgs. Then today I guess it wore off because I felt awful again so I took another .5mg. My question is how do i taper at this point? Am I in any danger of having a seizure? That's what worries me the most. Thank you everybody in advance. Any and all feedback and advice would be greatly appreciated!
Old 09-27-2017, 09:04 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hey Lucille - we can;t really give you medical advice here., Have you gone back to your prescribing Dr?

D
Old 09-27-2017, 09:24 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Hey Lucille - we can;t really give you medical advice here., Have you gone back to your prescribing Dr?

D
hey, thanks for responding. I guess I should clarify a few things. I don't have a prescribing doctor, I did this on my own. Maybe I'm in the wrong place? I've seen alot of threads where people give advice. Maybe I should try another place? I guess I'm just wanting to know if anyone else has experienced withdrawal from 2mgs after only about 2 weeks? Do I need to taper, can u have a seizure after short term use? If I'm in the wrong place I apologize, and I will move on. Just let me know. Thanks
Old 09-27-2017, 09:34 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Help? What should I expect?

I understand that u guys can't give me medical advice, but can u guys tell me your experience or stories? What should I expect? Has anyone gone through something similar? I'm scared, and I've never been through benzo withdrawal?
Old 09-28-2017, 01:21 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi Lucille
I have been through a benzo type withdrawal, although it was minor. I had no idea what to expect and ended up googling benzo withdrawal. Please do NOT do this. If you've only been on it for 12 days, I'd suspect it would be minimal but I'm not a Dr. and everyone reacts differently to meds.
If it were me, I'd go see a GP/Dr. and be completely honest about what your going through.
Old 09-28-2017, 01:35 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

The best thing for you to do is to talk to your GP. He will be able to offer advice on how to manage the withdrawal.
Old 09-28-2017, 02:32 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

This IS NOT medical advice... I think you're finally feeling the withdrawl of your DOC,that the benzo's were making 'lighter'. Talk to your GP! You pay them/insurance for a reason.
Old 09-28-2017, 10:16 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
No Dogma Please

Cross tapers like you are attempting are tricky. Also xanax tapers are not usually used as it is so short-acting, librium and valium are far more common.

Please do this under a doctor's care. I have been through benzo withdrawal (klonopin), but I'd been taking it as prescribed for several months. It was still horrible.