Notices

Humanity

Old 09-25-2017, 09:24 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Just 'understanding' them isn't going to help anything.

Humility and humanity are the things that need to guide us and become our aims if we're going to find the most important things we lost through our addiction.

It does sound like you are treating this is a kind of academic test to get a good grade on rather than looking for an inner change to be honest.
Old 09-25-2017, 11:25 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tei2500 View Post
I am just looking for opinions on those concepts to understand what they mean and how understanding them can help in recovery
I think trying to understand those concepts are the basic goals of living itself, not just recovery. We learn what humanity is every day by simply being human and feeling out our way through the Universe. Our understanding of it grows and changes because we don't so much discover the answers are we create answers for ourselves.

I'm glad you found SR, Tei! I hope you find the answers you're looking for.
Old 09-25-2017, 11:31 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I am just looking for opinions on those concepts to understand what they mean and how understanding them can help in recovery
THAT is humility in action.
there was no way i could understand something i didnt know without asking questions.
and there was a LOT i didnt know. so i asked a LOT of questions.
still ask quite a few questions,too.
Old 09-26-2017, 09:29 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

What is humanity as it relates to the alcoholic/alcoholism??
What is humanity? See Tomsteve's post. It's about being a kind person. Following the golden rule.

What is humanity as it relates to the alcoholic/alcoholism? When we are in active alcoholism we are usually only able to think of ourselves and not of others, because of all the fear and delusions and missperceptions yelling in our heads 24/7. When that's cleared, we can be our true selves again.

I was asked these questions in a treatment type situations. The asker of the questions must think i need to figure those things out.
Next time do your own homework. ;-) You won't learn a thing if you look to others for the answers. The answers must come from within. But you won't listen to me, and that's okay. It's a lesson you'll just have to learn from your own mistakes as we've all done ourselves. They asked you the question to "figure it out", and not to ask others. Look within next time. The answers are there.