Notices

Day 10( angry last night at husband!!!)

Old 09-22-2017, 08:36 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Angry Day 10( angry last night at husband!!!)

So yay 10 days no alcohol, feeling much better today..

Last night when I got home from work 5:30pm ( with groceries in hand)
The kitchen was a disaster and it really pissed me off because I was exhuasted. I've been cooking/cleaning everyday after work and I feel like my husband can be so inconsiderate.

His mess was all over, and here I am unloading all the groceries while he just sits there on his damn computer. So I snapped. I said excuse me turn off your computer and help me put these groceries away if you want to have dinner started before 7pm. He was like " Babe what the hell is your problem?" I reply "I'm tired and i'm sick of you taking advantage of me at least clean up after yourself and show me some consideration especially since you've been home all day"

He said he was sorry ...but I just turned off emotion completely and locked myself in the bathroom and took a hot bath...Idk I jut felt overwhelmed and annoyed at how tired I was....After my bath Of course I make dinner, clean the kitchen and make the damn bed...didn't really eat dinner just laid down and fell asleep.

Woke up chipper thank god. My husband made me breakfast He felt so bad about last night but honestly, I don't mind cleaning and cooking ...just when i'm exhuasted it would be nice to have some help...Anyway

Tonight I'm going to a symphony hopefully i'm not too tired to enjoy it.
Love you guys. I'm still going strong. No cravings.
Thanks for listening .
Old 09-22-2017, 08:41 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Aah domestic bliss! Husbands can be a little slow on the uptake when it comes to what is upsetting us and maybe your little blow up cleared the air a little! Funny how I find myself putting up with less laziness at home now I'm sober. 10 days is great I hope you enjoy your evening out xxx
Old 09-22-2017, 08:46 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thats the same with me Ash- I dont think that I cared alot about cleaning and **** when I was drinking and now that im sober. I notice and care about alot more now!
Sometimes I feel bad for my fiance for having to put up with my outburtst lol
Old 09-22-2017, 08:55 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I used to get yelled at by my ex for this type of crap all the time.

Your husband I would probably get along Ash! lol...

Anyway congrats on 10-days and keep it up. Remember just because we are sober now doesn't mean we always going to have good days... They'll be bad days, good days, etc.. But overall our life is going to be much much better
Old 09-22-2017, 09:19 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
AA Member

the book says that resentments are our #1 offender

that resentments destroy more alcoholics than anything else

thats very true for me

Old 09-22-2017, 11:12 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Mood swings can brutal, mine certainly were a handful early on and I'm a guy! Try not to blast him too hard, since much of the moods are related to early recovery. That being said, it is very annoying to have to clean up after everyone, especially when they are just lazily on FB or electronics. Last night I made dinner, everyone ate and left their dishes on the counter, so eventually I cleaned the dishes up and kitchen. Sometimes it is easier just handle it.
Old 09-22-2017, 11:40 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Oh, I totally understand your response! Research PAWS. Alcohol messes with your brain and healing takes quite a while. I had an extremely short fuse and over-reacted a lot in the early days. At least you got over it and were okay the next day. My moods lasted days and it was very hard on my poor spouse.
Great job on 10 days!
Old 09-22-2017, 12:10 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Ashley, being hungry and tired are two things that I 'try' to be very careful about. I'm glad that your husband recognized he caused a problem last evening and tried to make it up to you. It's my experience that sometimes you just have to ask for the help you want and need around the house.
Old 09-22-2017, 01:55 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Well done on 10 days Ash!

Perhaps a dishwasher can be bought from all the money you save since you stopped drinking?

We got one, and never looked back.
Old 09-22-2017, 02:08 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I have a dishwasher lol
Old 09-22-2017, 02:37 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hi, Ashley.
Welcome.
Congrats on 10 days.
My husband is a lovely man in many, many ways, but he is incapable of putting dishes in the dishwasher.
He leaves them on the counter.
I put them in the dishwasher.
I have changed up this pattern by asking him to put them in the dishwasher, to which he said he would, and reminding him that he agreed to do this when he forgets.
It's the reminding, in a calm, not angry way that has helped enormously to change his behavior.
These are first world problems, definitely, but when you live with someone, it is truly the little things that make a difference.