Notices

The heat is on.....

Old 09-21-2017, 08:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The heat is on.....

Work is a pressure cooker right now. Audits, new regulations, quality responsibilities, no wonder my AV is whispering. Everyone wants or needs a piece of me. More than a bit wearing. Problem is there is no outlet like ......well I won't go there. Stinking thinking won't fix anything. So now what do I do to calm my tornado? No music this week, no car projects currently, nothing to distract me or medicate. No friends, a lull in purpose......someone lock me away til Monday and the tornado resumes.
Old 09-21-2017, 09:55 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Balance is important I think - especially for people like us.

if nothing else exercise really helps me unwind SF.

D
Old 09-21-2017, 10:10 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I agree, exercise is very therapeutic. I bought a cross-trainer about 2 years ago (only a cheap one), and until the past few months, it had turned into somewhere to hang clothes! Finally pulled it out of the corner a few months back and 'cycle' and 'walk' while watching TV - (less boring) or listening to music. Really has calmed me down, with the added bonus, that it keeps my blood sugar levels in check. (Type 1 Diabetic)
Sorry to hear you're having a tough time, hope things level out soon for you
Old 09-22-2017, 03:21 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Originally Posted by SimplyFree View Post
Problem is there is no outlet like ......well I won't go there...someone lock me away til Monday and the tornado resumes.
I'm going through a similar rough time at work. The weekend is a respite, just because it isn't work. I don't need an outlet, I just need a break. And being away does that. But never fear, I'll find plenty to do. I know, beyond a doubt, that the tornado will still be there if I drink. So will yours. And worse, you will have lost to the addiction.

Rest. That's what you can do for Monday. Don't make the chaos worse by drinking.
Old 09-22-2017, 04:07 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Samantha

I tend to go to the gym on the weekend to have a way of getting rid of pent up anger.
Have you been to any meetings? They might be beneficial as well.
Old 09-22-2017, 04:44 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Yes exercise is very helpful. I already ride a road bike 3-4x a week and it does improve things, but riding only lasts a couple hours.
Old 09-22-2017, 04:54 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Meeting......I think AA is a great organization that helps lots of people. They told me, I guess it doesn't matter, it wasn't a fit. I'm sure my AV will settle down, just lots of stress the next couple weeks. It'll all be fine.