SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Forced to CT off Xanax and Zopiclone (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/416233-forced-ct-off-xanax-zopiclone.html)

GoodNamesTaken 09-20-2017 08:43 AM

Forced to CT off Xanax and Zopiclone

Hello there,

My signature will give you my addiction history.

Due to a change in my financial circumstances, I have had to C/T of Xanax and Zopiclone with only 30mgs p.d of Valium to 'tide me over'

Today is day 1.

Looking for any success stories, motivation, inspiration and hope.

Thanks for reading

MindfulMan 09-20-2017 08:52 AM

My prescription was denied (insurance screwup), 3 mg. of eszopiclone nightly for 4 years. I had also become a daily drinker. Drank to get through the withdrawals, they put me back on it, ended up in rehab. One of the best things that ever happened to me, as it got me sober.

YMMV. The valium should help a lot, a valium taper is how I got off everything.

GoodNamesTaken 09-20-2017 09:12 AM

1998: 0,25mg Xanax & 3.25mg Zopiclone for major anxiety & chronic insomnia

January 2017: 10mgs Xanax & 100mgs Zolpidem

July 2017 : 8mgs Xanax & 60mgs Zolpidem

1 September 2017 : 3mgs Xanax, 30mgs Zolpidem & 40mgs Valium

20 September 2017 : forced to cold turkey, currently on 30mgs Valium p.d. only

Looking for strength, hope and support

Hats 09-20-2017 09:39 AM

I recently came of zopiclone after months of being on it. I'm 25 day sober from alcohol but was using zopiclone as directed for sleep. Unfortunately, the zopiclone started causing me severe anxiety, it started in the mornings when I woke up and lasted all through out the day, so I was prescribed adivan for a short period but that didn't work either. It was horrendous. I wanted off so bad, but I also wanted to sleep. The problem with zopiclone is it has a very short half life, like 5hrs so my body was going through withdrawal shortly after taking it. Long story short, my Dr. took me off zopiclone and adivan and put me on mitzipine and a dose of clonazepam for 3 weeks and so far it seems to be helping. Still have massive anxiety from coming off the zopiclone after 3 days but it's gotten alot better.
The Valium should help ease the withdrawals and I suspect after 7 days you should be feeling much better.

ScottFromWI 09-20-2017 02:54 PM

Welcome to SR GoodNames. You'll find a lot of support here and we do have a substance abuse forum as well if you'd like to check it out.

Have you considered seeking local support via recovery meetings/groups or perhaps some municipal/government rehab programs? There are a lot of them available, the Salvation Army even has a detox program if you have limited financial resources.

leanabeana 09-22-2017 06:59 PM

Sorry to hear of your plight. Taper the Valium as much as you can. It seems cruel to not give you a more gradual taper.

I second Scott that you would do well to look into a detox program. lt's really hard to get off these pills without proper support.

axeman5971 09-22-2017 08:49 PM

100mg of Ambien - daily? That’s quite a lot. My doc wouldn’t even consider 10mg right away, despite me having had it before. It was always 5 but I could take 2 or 3 occasionally like for work travel. Good luck, and definitely don’t drink with all of that. It’s begging for accidents