Notices

Is this the addiction talking?

Old 09-20-2017, 04:08 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Life Goes On

Originally Posted by berryblue View Post
Honestly, your view is quite accurate and that's definitely the struggle. The information about him and I was more about adding context to the situation.

It boils down to this. I want to drink. We drink together so more-so than any other day, it's on my mind (you can also throw in there the anxiety of seeing him). Therefore, sobriety is seeming like something I'm not sure is important to me today. That was what I was trying to get across but can see why others would focus on the relationship.

It struck a nerve because it's the truth.
Berryblue, I just want to say that I am enormously impressed at how quickly you were able to see this in yourself. It's so hard to admit when we are secretly plotting against ourselves. And here, within minutes, you saw it and owned it.

If my vote counts, I would stay away from the guy for a good long time. You are too raw to be talking about reconciliation right now. Give sobriety a chance to do its magic and then decide whether the relationship is worth the effort.

O
Old 09-20-2017, 04:27 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Administrator

Is drinking what you really want tho berryblue - or is it you want the past back again?

Trouble is the past broke you guys up and bought you here.

If you don't want a repeat of the last few years over, or worse. I really think you need to make different better choices this time.

D