Notices

Day 6 Alc Free ( Major breakthrough)

Old 09-18-2017, 09:19 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Talking Day 6 Alc Free ( Major breakthrough)

I woke up feeling amazing!!! Yesterday's thread I told you all that I had a dinner to go to at my in laws home. ( where people usually get wasted by the end of the night) Well I went and of course my mother in law who doesn't drink that much had to have 3 glasses of wine while.. my father in law was drinking and probably had 10 beers.. my sister in law had 1 beer...my husband had 1 beer....my brother in law probably had 12 beers...and his friend carl who also showed up had about 3 or 4. WELL I HAD NOTHING!!!!!!!!! at first I was getting rather nervous feeling like the outcast, but i let that emotion ride itself out and I came out on the other side. I've got to say I had MORE fun sober than I think I would of NOT SOBER. I was really social at times and at others I was quiet and let others speak while I listened. BEST part of it all is,I REMEMBER THE WHOLE NIGHT!!!!!!!! I had to share this with you all because If I can not drink and STILL have a great night so can you ( when you are ready!) I think by that happening really made me realize how much I value sober living. And that in fact sobriety really does have my back, and best interest at heart.

Sorry if my grammar is off and my sentences not structured. I'M JUST SUPER HAPPY AND EXCITED TO SHARE THIS WITH YOU GUYS!
Old 09-18-2017, 09:38 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm glad you got through the event . I can manage a certain amount of time at things like this then my patience runs out listening to the voices getting louder and the silly talk getting more silly .
I have a nephews birthday party in October and I'm driving . I have set a limit of 2 1/2 hours max and I,m out of there .
Old 09-18-2017, 09:49 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Even though they were drinking, they really didn't get loud which is why I think it was bearable . I think it's great that you are setting a time limit and not just going all together! Great thinking Thomas!
Old 09-18-2017, 12:38 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congratulations AshleyB!! That's great and thank you for sharing it.
Old 09-18-2017, 03:51 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Its good to read of someone really enjoying the freedom of recovery Ashley

D