Notices

Day Three the Weekend is Over

Old 09-18-2017, 05:16 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day Three the Weekend is Over

Today is day 3, it was easier escaping reality when I could just be at home and be with family. Today will be the first day that I have been out since my last drink. Afterwork is usually when the drinking would start, during the day is when it seemed like I was just looking for reasons to use as an excuse to go home and have a drink. Then one drink to relax as I would say turns into more. I am a little nervous about habits.
Old 09-18-2017, 06:06 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good job on day 3, it isn't easy! Also, you recognize when your high risk times to drink are, that is important as you can be ready and plan ahead. I am the same way where I like my drinks after work. I've had to make plans in the evening so I'm not tempted to sit at home and get drunk. Reaching out to friends, family, and AA community, has been helpful when I take advantage of it. I haven't been doing too well at it recently, but when I do, I can be successful. I'm on Day 1 (again), but continuing to push forward.

Good luck!
Old 09-18-2017, 06:39 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good morning Wick
Day 3 here too. I have the same concerns as you, as on my way home from work is when I would usually stop and get something. But remember yesterday I didn't get cash back at the store (paper trail) and this morning it felt really good to get up with my alarm and not feel that hung over fog I usually have to wade through to get up and ready for work. Today when I feel weak I will try and remember that instead of listening to all the reasons my AV is telling me I CAN have JUST ONE drink (never just 1).

Wick and SS We can get through today, even if it's a minute at a time.
Stay strong my friends!!
KG
Old 09-18-2017, 03:10 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Wick

no need to be afraid - you hold the whip hand here,
If you usually drank after work you may g\feel a little uncomfortable tonight but you can ride it out. There will be support here

Changing your routine could help too - don't be afraid to mix up dinner time, TV time, bed time etc

D

D
Old 09-18-2017, 03:32 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you for the support and confidence, KG, SS and D. It is about 6:30 my time on day 3 and it has difficult but i have been busy after work doing some long over due cleaning and other things that I have neglected. Thanks again! I look forward to day 4.
Old 09-18-2017, 03:40 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Wick, you're doing great! Breaking the habit part of drinking is important. It's good that you're keeping busy with other things to focus on. You can do this!