Notices

Class of September 2017 Support Thread Part 2

Old 09-21-2017, 05:55 PM
  # 141 (permalink)  

We'll see what comes out of it. I started outsourcing for schools through the directory (there are over 60,000 worldwide) at the prime locations I want to be in, but I have no idea how reputable or not those schools may be without mine having contacts there with them. I'd feel safest going through them but their contacts are not exactly situated at my ideal spots.
In any case, my advisor from school told me he could look over any contract with me before I sign off on it and plunge into the unknown headfirst.
And I could always go the safer route at first and then move and teach elsewhere. As long as it's further than 25km radius to where I'd teach because there's a "no competition" clause in the contract that stipulates after I leave for 2 years I cannot go teach with the skills I learned from them in nearby schools.

Originally Posted by Badger07 View Post
That sound fantastic Caprice. I'm envious.

Erratic - I am sorry to hear about your pain. With hope the shot will give you some relief.
Old 09-21-2017, 08:52 PM
  # 142 (permalink)  

Purplrks3647, you're always welcome here! You're certainly not the only one who is back for attempt #2. Or #3 in my case!

Got up early to workout a bit before working - it's so nice and quiet at 5AM! It certainly isn't easy but I know I need to take care of myself and starting now it's a few weeks of working out everyday and eating better. Like Caprice said, after two weeks it will become routine and I'll crave good things, but the first bit is never easy!
Day 4 for me, and day 3 of no smoking.
Old 09-21-2017, 09:06 PM
  # 143 (permalink)  
Administrator

Been busy for the last couple of days so welcome leeloo welcome back purps and hi and welcome to anyone I've missed

D
Old 09-21-2017, 09:18 PM
  # 144 (permalink)  

Hey Everyone! Checking back in on my Day 25! Looking forward to the weekend though don't have anything much going on yet to speak of besides going out to dinner with some fellow sober folks tomorrow night. Not really worried though as the dread of weekends without booze has slowly been replaced with good ole' excitement that I have a couple of days off work and get to relax a bit. Hope everyone has a great start to the weekend!
Old 09-21-2017, 11:03 PM
  # 145 (permalink)  

Hey Septs! I hope everyone had a great week. Like BadgeSeven says, have your plans in place for the weekend. For me, it's been critical to have sponsors I can contact in real life. It doesn't have to be F2F, but just having someone I can talk to has made a huge difference.
SR and everyone here has been a yuge (and critical) part of my life for over a year and a half. I can't over emphasize how much my life has improved.
Old 09-22-2017, 12:05 AM
  # 146 (permalink)  

My plan is in place the weekend will be easy because my Mrs has decided to stop drinking with me.. that's TEAM WORK ha ha
Old 09-22-2017, 01:06 AM
  # 147 (permalink)  

Morning everyone - beautiful, crisp autumn morning here - wife and I off for an all-day walk up a local hill with the dog. Daughter coming tonight for the weekend and we're all going mountain-biking tomorrow, so lots to look forward to. Hope the cravings don't try to spoil it. Still not totally comfortable with alcohol-free weekends, but doing my best like everyone here. Happy, sober day to all.
Old 09-22-2017, 01:54 AM
  # 148 (permalink)  

Morning all, day 5, heading into the first weekend.

It's going to be a trigger happy one for me. My family is visiting who love to wine and dine. And it's my close friend's birthday tonight, and my friends looove to drink (we choose our own I guess).

But I'm determined! Plan: designated driver and caretaker of dog!

I also received this wonderful quote in my inbox this morning which I shall keep in mind during the weekend:

"What is freedom? It is the moment-by-moment experience of not being run by one’s own reactive mechanisms."
Old 09-22-2017, 02:49 AM
  # 149 (permalink)  

It's Friday morning here in the U.S and I'm on day 25. Almost caved yesterday so so happy this morning I didn't. Starting off today with a plan to stay sober this weekend. Good luck everyone.
Old 09-22-2017, 02:51 AM
  # 150 (permalink)  
Administrator

stay with us leeloo
Glad you got through Joeshope
Have a good weekend General & ben !

D
Old 09-22-2017, 03:20 AM
  # 151 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

Originally Posted by hns0685 View Post
Day 20 checking in. Feeling pretty low this morning- not the deep depression of praying to die like I had while drinking but just kind of empty. Maybe it's the boredom, the time that I used to fill with drinking and I need to pick up another hobby. Tonight I have a meeting that I've been looking forward to every Thurs. evening so that's good!

Erratic- I can relate to the anxiety. My jaw dropped reading about your attacks- I thought I was the only one who experienced the weird frozen tongue thing! I'm so sorry that you are going through that, it's terrifying! I did go to a doctor and am taking some anxiety medication for right now and it's helped tremendously.

Sorry if this is such a debby-downer update. Overall I'm super grateful to be sober! I guess it's going to take a bit of time for my emotions to regulate and just get used to actually feeling my emotions instead of drinking them away.

Have a good evening/day everyone <3
exactly! i thought i was the only one to suffer from this x thanks for your reply. I actually take medication not for this though but would of thought it might of helped. x i do hope u can work on your emotions, as that is a hard one to do as i drink them also away x

Morn all hope u all are doing good on this friday x i am feeling much better and in better mood also.

will check in to see how u all are doing x sry if i dont reply to people individually on what is happening to them as by time i have come to reply i have forgotten names lol which yup bad memory also lol
Old 09-22-2017, 03:36 AM
  # 152 (permalink)  

Weekend plan is tomorrow I am babysitting my grandkids most of the day and night. Going to go to the park and go out to dinner with them. Should be fun, but won't get a meeting in. I will call AA folks and log on here a lot when I can. Sunday I work and will go to a meeting in the evening.
I hope everyone had a great sober day. I didn't wake up early so am going to have to work hard to get that newsletter done today, fit it in somewhere! Has to be done by midnight or it's too late and then I'm in a world of trouble. I hate deadlines.
Old 09-22-2017, 03:37 AM
  # 153 (permalink)  

I'm on 19 days. A few wobbles this week but nothing that will would me drink. I did find myself googling a type of liquor (for research!) that was mentioned in an magazine article I was reading. That was an active drinking behavior of mine so I will cut that out. Enjoy your weekend everybody🙂
Old 09-22-2017, 03:47 AM
  # 154 (permalink)  

18 days and starting to lose count, I had to look up where I was up to. I'm still getting really itchy. It's worst at night when I'm lying still about to go to sleep. Does anyone else have that? There is a separate thread here on SR (in fact, that's how I found this place googling alcohol withdrawal and itching) and some people seem to have it even months after quitting drinking. I hope it doesn't last that long!
Old 09-22-2017, 05:00 AM
  # 155 (permalink)  

Congrats on your 25 days! Your username made me laugh at the very beginning (still witty) when i posted about my first half day because all liquor stores were closed due to labor day. It was exactly the case!

Also welcome to Purple. I meant to mention it but didn't recall your username.

Originally Posted by deniedfish View Post
Hey Everyone! Checking back in on my Day 25! Looking forward to the weekend though don't have anything much going on yet to speak of besides going out to dinner with some fellow sober folks tomorrow night. Not really worried though as the dread of weekends without booze has slowly been replaced with good ole' excitement that I have a couple of days off work and get to relax a bit. Hope everyone has a great start to the weekend!
Old 09-22-2017, 05:00 AM
  # 156 (permalink)  

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by site1Q84 View Post
Meshelly! I believe you and I were in January together as well, weren't we?
Nice to see you back, even if it's not the best of circumstances haha
Yes we were. I think I made it a little over 4 months that time. Oh well... we're here now and that's what counts. =)
Old 09-22-2017, 05:09 AM
  # 157 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Badger07 View Post
Good morning Boys, Girls and fellow Badger. Day 12. Does everyone have their plan in place to avoid the drink this weekend?
Yesterday was my Friday and I thought about drinking but quickly dismissed it because i remembered I have an appointment this morning and I don't want to show up feeling like crap. So now that it's morning and i feel fantastic, it makes me think that i need to make more appointments for early morning. =)
Old 09-22-2017, 05:18 AM
  # 158 (permalink)  

Congrats Kachal, we're in the same boat in case you ever lose count again - full day 18 for me as well.
Late last evening I went to the nearest park with the dogs and ran into old drinking buddies smoking a joint (I can't smoke that, every attempt to see what the hype was all about turned into a nightmare I couldn't wait to end - paranoid, hungry, self conscious...). Anyway, I haven't been hanging there at all since labor day and mentioned to them I had 18 days sober and had contacted the addiction center cuz i was sick of relapsing (they never even try to quit for a day and are proud drinkers). To my surprise, they were really supportive and congratulatory. It's nice, wish I could be an example or they'd follow but there's nothing that can be done. They will drink until the end right up until on their death beds. Sad, but it's the only thing for them to do all being on assistance with no desire to work or change.
Ah well, another beautiful, sunny morning. After my runs I will shoot emails to 4-5 other schools within my prime locations. Hoping to do this until the end of the month and receive a few replies so we can move forward from there. If I were drinking, never would I have the motivation or energy to pursue this. So many things and opportunities (my life) i let float by due to my drinking. Better late than never, as they say!
Keep it up all and have a wonderful AF day!
Old 09-22-2017, 05:21 AM
  # 159 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Leeloo View Post
"What is freedom? It is the moment-by-moment experience of not being run by one’s own reactive mechanisms."
Nice quote.
Old 09-22-2017, 05:27 AM
  # 160 (permalink)  

Good morning Septembers. =)
Checking in on day 14.
Have a fantastic sober weekend.
Monday comes much too quick.