Notices

Class of September 2017 Support Thread Part 2

Old 09-19-2017, 08:27 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Thank you Bagerden !
Old 09-19-2017, 09:56 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Another terrible day. I know it's not helped by extreme tiredness. Just feel like crying. I've taken a diazepam to ease the anxiety. I thought weeks ago I would definitely have drunk. My thoughts tonight were that what a silly idea that would be as it just temporarily blocks out the rubbish but I'll wake up feeling shocking and the rubbish will still be there.

hopefully I'll sleep and feel better tomorrow. stronger at least. the difference between a bad day and a good day is 24 hour. Except when you have 2 bad days together
Old 09-19-2017, 10:01 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

It's badgermania here!
Old 09-19-2017, 10:25 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Checking in at day 11, and this is the first day I felt like I had a decent night's sleep. Fortunately the insomnia and nightmares seem to have passed. I have tendinitis in my shoulder that I'm finally taking proper care of instead of passing out at night and making it worse. I've been drinking a lot of herbal tea like a lot of others seem to be doing. Hopefully, the detox teas that are good for liver function work!

While catching up on everyone's progress, I particularly liked the bicycle in the canal incident. It reminds me of my idea to get drunk before windsurfing in high winds. I got a little scare while trapped under the sail... Not a good idea!
Old 09-19-2017, 10:42 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

years ago a few of us had camper vans and we used to go trail running which was really an excuse to drink away from civilised people in our vans. More than once we got too drunk to run and just laid around all weekend. It became a rite of passage to drink until the sun went down and came back up again. Crazy.
Old 09-19-2017, 10:45 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Thanks badgarden!
I hope so, and I will keep in touch on here as well. Will let you know once I receive a contract and it's a done deal. Will be challenging with 2 dogs but possible! Just need to stay on track.
Old 09-19-2017, 12:52 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Day 2 done and in bed !
Old 09-19-2017, 12:55 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Day 1 almost done! Looking forward to waking up and starting a new, sober day tomorrow.
Old 09-19-2017, 01:44 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Day 16 for me now and going well. I have more energy at work and am crossing things off the list left right and centre for the upcoming busy season. I look forward to going to work again, I remember why I am in my chosen profession.

It's great to hear everyone is sticking with this, the September group is huge now. So happy and proud to have made it this far with you all.
Old 09-19-2017, 03:19 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Checking in on day 20. NO cravings, no desire to drink.

Enjoying my career again and the days are just flying by. Got my financials finally for last month and I knocked it out of the ballpark while still actively drinking a bazillion gallons of vodka on a daily basis. Can't wait to see what I can do now!

I've settled into a nice daily routine of self care, especially in the morning before I go to work. Shower, coffee, medication, prayers of thanks, breakfast, news and then smooth jazz while I check work email and read posts here on SR.

Thanks for all your posts. I hope you get as much from your own posts as I do!
Old 09-19-2017, 03:52 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sum1toluv View Post
Hi everyone, second time around for me, last attempt at sobriety was in 2005 lasted until 2007, I want it back. Good to be here, thanks for your sharing and support.
I'm trying again too. Today is day 16. Good luck!
Old 09-19-2017, 04:06 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Well leaving work now and not drinking over it,

I have huge anxiety and I feel I could get fired as non of my bosses like me or respect me. I'm also dissapointed on the job as I feel all my doors for a promotion are closed.

I just need to hold on to this job until I figured out what to do next.

Thank you for listen
Old 09-19-2017, 06:46 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Howdy! Just checking in. Today was a bit of a rough one. Started out almost rear ending a truck on the way to work. I was in my own mind of a second and seemed like he decided to stop out of nowhere. Fortunately my brakes work really well apparently! We are down 2 people in my department so was just constant barrage of issues to deal with and was just worn down and def one of those days in the past where I couldn't wait to sit down and drink my stress away temporarily. Didn't do it though! Went to my normal Tuesday night meeting and ordered pizza and currently eating, drinking lemonade and watching Sing. MUCH better way to relax! Hope everyone is doing well!!
Old 09-19-2017, 07:02 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Mentioned last night I was gonna buy some tea. Just bought some green tea, decaf. Wow! That's all I can say. What a great warm nighttime drink. And apparently it relaxes you (I think).

Went to an AA meeting. Going to make that part of my routine, at least a few times a week.

Continuing to walk about 5 days a week. For those of you struggling with insomnia (like I have), man, exercise knocks you out. Reading tends to relax me as well.

Good night
Old 09-19-2017, 07:26 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Nice reading how you all are tonight. I totally understand how you feel Soberandhealthy about job stress. I am in it, too. Was great reading the good advice others gave you and applying it to myself. I just get so that I obsess over my problems at work. I screwed up a lot and also have people at work who don't respect me. I guess that's normal for early recovery. I know I wasn't very respectable a lot of the time.
Today is a new day and the start of a different way of being. I'm going to try to focus on the positive.
Very tired and should be in bed. Excited to have thirty days! I have to be at work at seven in the morning, so I'd best shut it down and hope to get some good sleep.
Sweet dreams and good sleep to all of you, too!
Old 09-19-2017, 08:02 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Thank you Sober363, you made me feel better that I'm not alone in doing these things.

congratulations on 30 days!
Old 09-19-2017, 09:06 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Just a quick check in close to the end of day 22! Still out here - just a very busy week. Things are going great! Quick read over this page (sorry - will catch up this weekend) and noticed the bit about tea. Funny because I've picked up drinking tea this week. I'm enjoying tea for the first time in my life as a way to wind down in the evening!

Started a new job this week which is why it's so busy. I'm so thankful to be sober because there is NO WAY I could've done this job hungover!

Have a great day/night/whatever the time may be, wherever you are.
Old 09-19-2017, 11:56 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Readyatlast I,m sorry for your run off bad days it really is tough when they come back to back like that but hang in there ,time will heal you and the good days will come then get better and better .
Old 09-20-2017, 12:01 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Morning everyone - Day 20 - sleeping like a log and eating like a horse after my ultra at the weekend. Absolutely agree with Blue about exercise knocking you out - it's such a huge help to be able to at least relax a bit and sleep well - get a bit of peace in the maelstrom of emotional and physical changes post-alcohol. Walking the dog seems to help a lot, too.

I suppose exercise is my 'Go to' when I feel stressed by it all - what do others here do?

Happy, sober day to all!
Old 09-20-2017, 12:04 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Yesterday I was so busy again . Washed the car , cleaned all the windows upstairs and down inside and out ( I can swing the upstairs ones inside out ) ,cut the grass ,weeded, organized some summer bedding pots with some dead and gone ones into the bin . Went to my daughters and helped her with her grass cutting but the lawnmower broke down .
Dirty and exhausted sat outside for an hour drinking tea taking in the last bit of sunshine . bathed then dinner then TV , fell asleep watching River City at 9pm .
Woke up 9.30pm went to bed fell straight asleep woke at 4 am , pee , went to sleep till 7am feeling good .