Notices

Class of September 2017 Support Thread Part 2

Old 09-19-2017, 01:26 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Thomas, that beats my story, where I was bicycling on a heavily used bike and pedestrian path, and I thought I'd take a short nap, being drunk and all. I used my bike as a blanket and I was half on and half off the path. It seems crazy that I acted that way now. I'm glad those days are over and that I survived.
Old 09-19-2017, 02:58 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Hi, everyone! The cycling incidents sound kind of alarming, I'm glad you're both okay.

SAH, I had a lot of the same concerns going back to work - I was out of leave time, since the reduced effectiveness of my pain medication had meant using up all of my leave, and then I had to take a full week - 5 days!! - off for my withdrawals. It turns out I needn't have worried. One of my coworkers was sick during the same time, with many of the same symptoms and explanations, and since I'm still stuffy and sneezing on occasion, that in addition to the coincidence of our illnesses resulted in everyone just assuming that we had both caught the same bug. My first day back at work, yesterday, went fine. I'm sure you'll be okay. Hang in there!

Day 10 check-in for me. I've been feeling wonderful for the last two days, aside from lingering physical symptoms. I felt emotionally labile, and definitely ebullient, but assumed it was a partial rebound effect from my brain overproducing different hormones as it tries to reestablish normal chemical balances. Turns out, I'm probably hypomanic. So that's new and unpleasant. I'd say "at least it's better than being depressed," except that I've never had experience with either, so I can't compare.

Yes, I do already have an appointment scheduled with BHS/Mental Health. It's next week.
Old 09-19-2017, 03:27 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Hello all, I'd like to join this group. My sober date is Aug. 22, but I will have a hard enough time trying to catch up here, going back to August seems like it would be tough to read up and figure out who everyone is. I've done a lot of reading on this thread and want to join you all on the journey.
I've been here before and have had lots of relapses, but I feel so hopeful that I'm going to stick this time! I'm using AA and it helps a lot, but I need more! Tomorrow is 30 days! Feeling great mostly.
Old 09-19-2017, 03:28 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Sober369

D
Old 09-19-2017, 03:37 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Well hello!

I fell off the wagon over the last few months but I'm back and ready to do the things I know I need to do to stay sober, starting with joining this lovely September class.

I cannot wait to wake up tomorrow not hung over and sober. Not happy I decided to drink, but it's a good reminder of how terrible life used to be when I felt like this all the time!
Old 09-19-2017, 04:50 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Thank you guys for all your advice I hope all goes well but mostly i hope to never be here again.

i will be popping in during the day to help me cope I'm ridiculous anxious. i figured this is because i really understand how awful my behavior is its very embarrassing.

i live in between this duality feeling like a loser and wanting to be great and do great work.

anyways i hope everyone have a great day!
Old 09-19-2017, 05:34 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Good Morning - It is the beginning of day 4. Went to the doctor yesterday to talk about latest relapse. I have struggled with anxiety and depression in different degrees for a long time. I turned to alcohol as a way to escape or quiet it. I have never been very good with sticking with things that may help. I would feel better then quit thinking i was fixed just to end up back at square one again. This is the first time I have tried joining a group and I feel better about the outcome. It has been a huge help through these first few days.
Old 09-19-2017, 05:57 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Soberandhealthy View Post
I wish someone tell me they had been in my shoes and that all will be okay. Im so anxious the feeling of dread is constant
A little different. but on a holiday this year I was absolutely dreading a major hassle when I returned to work. When I got back, I found out that the hassle had been sorted before I even left, but nobody thought to tell me.

I worried for nothing. There was another problem, but that also turned out to not be very bad.

Don't stress about your situation and its possibilities. Think only about the current realities. Deal with everything else when and if it happens.

If you can get sober, it's going to be a huge plus for your company. So don't feel guilty about taking time off to improve your health. Do your best at work. Make up for the time off with your best efforts.

If the worst case scenario happens and you think your boss is firing you, just be honest. Tell everything. If that situation doesn't occur, give 100% every day. Head down, work hard.

That's my advice, but I don't know you or your job, so if it's not useful, disregard. Good luck and best wishes.
Old 09-19-2017, 06:11 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Thank you Rubaduck this is very helpful😊😬I hope I was helpful on my advice in your tread😬Best of luck to all of us
Old 09-19-2017, 07:06 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Morning (or evening everyone. Day 18, checking in. I haven't been sleeping very well the past week. I think I need to do like others were saying and drink less coffee and pick up the herbal tea in the afternoon/evening.

Overall I'm feeling pretty "ok". I say ok because I'm really emotional- I still feel like everything I've pushed down and not dealt with in my drinking is coming up for me. I'm super grateful for my counseling appts. once a week right now. Other than that though, I have no desire to drink which is great. The memory of that last relapse is burned into my mind.. all of the pain, secrets, guilt, shame, memory loss (I can also relate to saying mean things to my partner in a blackout), exc. I hope that memory stays there forever.

Rough past week overall- my son broke his hand during football over the weekend and we got a flat tire which I found out yesterday at the tire shop is not repairable so we have to wait until next week (pay day) to buy a new tire. That means our family of 6 is down to one car for the next week.. bummer. Just because hard things are coming up does NOT mean I have to drink though. I WON'T drink today!

Welcome to everyone new to this September group! So happy to have you
Old 09-19-2017, 07:20 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Well I can related to all those feelings shame and regrets I'm so embarrassed I'm even sweating.

I'm at work and coworkers and the head of HR alike have been asking me how I'm doing and how my sick relative is doing and I just keep lying.

I feel I can read in their faces they don't believe me. I am so embarrass like about to be exposed.

How am I going to survive this? I need to make sure I never drink in my life. So awful I'm so tired of all the unnecessary drama.
Old 09-19-2017, 07:21 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Good morning. Day 10. Some of you are talking about increased coffee drinking, exercising etc. Having been here before this appears to be a normal thing. We are addicts and looking for new ways to feel better. Don't overdo the exercise and hurt yourself. Ease into in.

Hello Dee and OOTT. Thanks for the support.
Old 09-19-2017, 07:21 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

I feel everyone knows I'm a liar I have lost so much time in this job
Old 09-19-2017, 07:23 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Day 15
Feeling blah. Somewhat depressed.
Have started to apply for teaching positions abroad. Tired of this over priced city and want to be gone by winter.
My last is paid and I will give them my notice on the first next month. I want to broaden my horizons again and learn a new language, immerse myself into a different culture and live life fully. Things have become incredibly mundane.
Old 09-19-2017, 07:26 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Soberandhealthy View Post
Well I can related to all those feelings shame and regrets I'm so embarrassed I'm even sweating.

I'm at work and coworkers and the head of HR alike have been asking me how I'm doing and how my sick relative is doing and I just keep lying.

I feel I can read in their faces they don't believe me. I am so embarrass like about to be exposed.

How am I going to survive this? I need to make sure I never drink in my life. So awful I'm so tired of all the unnecessary drama.
Don't worry if they believe you or not. Who cares. Worry about yourself. I gave up worrying about what other people thought along time ago...
Old 09-19-2017, 07:34 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

I agree with ben83, Soberandhealthy. Worry is not going to do anything for you but cause you anxiety. There is nothing you can do about it. What other people think of you is none of your business. Unless they make it your business. Just do the best you can do from right here and now and be proud of all your accomplishments. Count your blessings, not your troubles. =)
Old 09-19-2017, 07:38 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Thank you Ben,

I wish I were madure enough to deal with my consequences this has happened before I'm so mad at myself and so lost because I have to do this and I don't even know if I can it's awful.

I guess I should be grateful I'm not fired yet albeit everyone thinking I'm a mess and a liar.

But great advice I should not care about what people said or think about me.

I need some growing up I'm 40 going in 15 so embarrassing 😥
Old 09-19-2017, 07:38 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Checking in on day 11.

So far so good!

Happy Tuesday.
Old 09-19-2017, 07:58 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Really quick check in, I have read the posts and love how everyone is staying positive.

Sober&healthy-- keep checking in we are rooting for you and know you can do this!!

Badger07--

Caprice- big changes for you!! how exciting!! cant wait to hear more!!

RAL, Meshelly, Ben and all others hope you have the best of days!

Badge
Old 09-19-2017, 08:20 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

19 Days

Hi everyone, second time around for me, last attempt at sobriety was in 2005 lasted until 2007, I want it back. Good to be here, thanks for your sharing and support.