Notices

Day one off to a rough start

Old 09-16-2017, 01:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day one off to a rough start

3am can't sleep, still hungover, shakes, irritability, insomnia. Unquenchable thirst. After yesterday's 3 wine bottles, 4litres of beer.

Had a massive argument with the missus a few days ago. I scollded, she has gone to her mum's and has gone silent. We Both at fault both wrong. Iam probably abit more. She's really pissed.

Argument and my anger outburst was due to hangover etc.

Gotta stop gotta stop gotta stop.

If theres one thing I really do enjoy more then wine, Infact I actually stopped enjoying the novelty of wine and beer, especially spirits. You can tell my body just craves alcohol not the drink.

Its feeling normal and sane fresh and healthy after at least a week's not drinking.

Can't wait for that feeling Iam glad I miss it
Old 09-16-2017, 02:03 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Btw I wrote it like Iam only waiting a week. No, I want to stop for good, just having trouble going more than 1 or two weeks.

I can see the clear thinking already.
Old 09-16-2017, 02:13 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Can you try out an AA meeting to get some support?
Old 09-16-2017, 06:15 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR renvate

I hope you can make this your turning point

D
Old 09-16-2017, 11:50 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee.

Over that hurdle. today I woke up with a big NO to drinking. Made the bed. Glad I had some will power training because it's become much easier to start sobriety then in the past.

That routine of "hangover +Work+.exausted+ quick run to shops before they close-up+ - get more booze then anticipated because shops will be closed. Its very exausting and actually boring. That feeling of freshness and sober head I don't take for granted anymore, I acknowledge it and enjoy it.
Old 09-17-2017, 07:42 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Renovate, I'm glad you are here. This is a wonderful supportive community to help get sober. Be here, read, learn, post and stay sober. Is all the alcohol out of your house?
Old 09-17-2017, 11:08 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SimplyFree View Post
Renovate, I'm glad you are here. This is a wonderful supportive community to help get sober. Be here, read, learn, post and stay sober. Is all the alcohol out of your house?
Thanks simply. Yes of course, I've been down this road before I know my "honeymoon period triggers".

There are situations that I just cannot control, but I have had good experience saying "NO thanks, please don't come with alcohol, I have a problem and your not helping"

Before , that was so hard to say to my circle of company. I felt so embarrassed, now it's as easy as "hello"
Old 09-17-2017, 11:47 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi Renvate,

Welcome to SR! How are you doing today? This is a wonderfully supportive site. You should join the September 2017 class, you will find others who have also committed, or recommitted to sobriety this month, and it really helps to have others at the same point in the journey as you.

Another great thread is the 24 hour thread. You can check in and commit to the next 24 hours sober, and it's a great place to get support.

Looking forward to seeing you on here!

❤️Delilah