Notices

Day 3 no alcohol (INTRO) need support!

Old 09-15-2017, 10:25 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile Day 3 no alcohol (INTRO) need support!

Hi everyone. I thought I might just start by introducing myself. My name is Ashley, I'm 28...And for about 3-4 years I was drinking very heavily and DAILY. ( Boxes of franzia cheap wine) I'd go through a box every 3 days so it's probably in the 300-400 units range I'm not sure I even want to know to be quite honest. I was primarily drinking alcohol due to my depression and constant need to escape reality. Also to be more social at gatherings. I started to notice that the reasons I started to drink were becoming the reasons why I wanted to stop...

I was becoming more socially distant, anxious and far more depressed. I would basically sit in my bedroom watching netflix, or youtube for HOURS at a time binging on wine...SO PATHETIC. I work full time so i'd mostly drink at night after I got home and on the weekends from day light to night fall. I hated going to sleep as I knew in just a few hours i'd be up with my heart pounding out of my chest , feeling anxious and unable to go back to sleep. Most nights if I was lucky i'd get 4 hours max.

Anyway, I'm done with it all...I can't go on living that way. I miss the days where I could THINK CLEARLY and actively! I miss the girl who's buried not too far down in my soul. I want to wake up thinking of "adventures I should take on"...and "what moments waves can I ride out today?" I just want to feel again.

I want to be apart of a community that supports and encourages healthy sober living THAT IS WHY I AM HERE TODAY! I will be here everyday for the next 30 days and beyond sharing my journey with you all! Thanks for listening!

Also even though it is day 3 the benefits are starting to show and they are as follows

1. Good quality sleep
2. Energy
3. Inspiration

I will share more of the benefits as time goes on my journey!
Old 09-15-2017, 11:07 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good on you Ashley you clearly see alcohol is a very real problem in your life and want to do something about it.
I am in my seventh year of sobriety and I am so grateful that alcohol is out of my life.
All the very best in this most important step in your life
CaiHong
Old 09-15-2017, 11:13 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hey girl, Can forsure relate to that, I too binge drink, or did up until 2 weeks ago. Good thing we are catching it young! Stick around there is tons of support here!
Old 09-15-2017, 11:17 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Ashley, Congratulations on your decision to stop drinking and be the person you know you can be. You have lots of motivation, so I know you will be able to do this. Good job on Day 3.
Old 09-15-2017, 01:35 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you all for the LOVE AND SUPPORT!!!!!!
Old 09-15-2017, 03:00 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR 👋. You can do this!
Old 09-15-2017, 05:00 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Ashley - we're glad to have you here

D
Old 09-15-2017, 05:40 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

New here as well so warm welcome and hats off for doing something positive about this early on!
Old 09-15-2017, 06:14 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

3 days is wonderful, Ashley. I'd give anything to go back to being 28 & stop. I knew back then that I couldn't drink socially. I wasted so many years trying to control it. It's great to have you with us - you sound determined - congratulations on your decision to reclaim your life.
Old 09-16-2017, 12:42 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Welcome Ashley - great to meet you.

BB
Old 09-16-2017, 02:06 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Welcome Ashley
Old 09-16-2017, 12:48 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Welcome Ashley!

You have come to the right place here, you can have a new life free from the madness of alcoholism