Notices
View Poll Results: Is it only me that's hurting?
Just me?
60.00%
You, too? Please post
40.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Pain over liver area

Old 09-15-2017, 02:30 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Pain over liver area

Hi, everyone struggling through abstinence/recovery with me. One thing I have noticed while reading the posts of other people in the same boat as me, is that when they discuss their physical symptoms, they don't mention the heavy pain over their liver area? Like carrying a lump of lead around under your lower - and sometimes upper as well - right rib-cage. And the spleen, and the pancreas sometimes, even the right kidney. Or is it just me?
Old 09-15-2017, 02:47 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It's not just you, this stuff is very common! Have you consulted your doctor yet? I advise you to do so.

In the mean time staying sober is a great remedy for your ailments!
Old 09-15-2017, 03:35 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I think most of us do get quite a bit of paranoia about the damage we may have caused by abusing our bodies with alcohol. A simple docs visit with some bloodwork can help to put your mind at ease to make sure everything is looking ok.
Old 09-15-2017, 03:52 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I dont have pain more like an uncomfortable full feeling in that area which is worrying me. I did actually give a blood sample today so should find out soon. Terrified if I'm honest but it's time to face what if anything is going on.
Old 09-15-2017, 03:53 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yeah I used to get this sometimes when I would drink and then use cocaine...

Best to stop drinking now before it is too late and you do irreversible damage to your liver. Meantime, go see a doctor just in case. We can never be too careful when it comes to our health.
Old 09-15-2017, 03:55 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Me too, one of the reasons I quit. One of my neighbors had to get a liver transplant. He almost died waiting to get it. I don't want to go through that. Good luck to you.
Old 09-15-2017, 05:46 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi corriec

if you have pain thats troubling you, it really is best to see a Dr.

I know it's scary - I thought I probably had weeks to live - but turns out my liver was actually fine.

D
Old 09-15-2017, 02:21 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Yes I have had liver pain after heavy benders. I agree, see a doctor to be safe. I always took it as my body telling me I need to quit drinking.
Old 09-15-2017, 02:42 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
No Dogma Please

My Doc ordered liver enzymes bloodwork after rehab just in case

Check it out just to be sure
Old 09-15-2017, 04:04 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

YES. See a doc. Support to you.
Old 09-16-2017, 04:41 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

No Doc, not just yet.

Thanks, everyone for your support. It's now day three - almost gone, and I'm still sober and starting to feel better. But i know the old body's wily ways. It's trying to trick me into thinking that I'm fine and can have a couple. Which i WONT!
Also, as for seeing a Doc, I'm going to wait a few weeks at least, then go for a test. No use in going now, only to be told to return in a couple of weeks or a month. If the damage is bad, it will still show then, otherwise not.
Have a great weekend all of you "recoverers".
Old 09-16-2017, 04:54 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

After your withdrawal subsides, do go for a health check regarding your alcohol abuse. The earlier something may be detected, the better chance there is at treating it successfully.
I have been an all day daily drinker for a dozen years (with a few days maybe weeks sober here and there). On one of those days, I went for a medical check up. It's just mostly bloodwork. I was sure to have damaged my liver but by some miracle it turned out to be in excellent condition like a non drinker. The nurse wasn't as baffled and said those things can be heriditary, some heavy drinkers never get their liver affected while some who don't drink (as much) may.
You know how I celebrated the good news? I left the hospital and hit the nearest pub to get my drink on.
But i am not invincible. Alcohol has ruined much else in my life and there are no winners in the end for any addict.
All that to say, don't let fear get in the way.
Congrats on feeling better and staying on the wagon!
Old 09-16-2017, 05:08 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Sorry....just read again that you would get a check up in the next following weeks. Good for you!
It has been a few years since I had mine done and next month they want to keep me for a few days here to run current check ups as well.