Notices

Webbers50

Old 09-14-2017, 09:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Webbers50

Hello everyone I'm very new to this. I am involved with an alcoholic, he's in rehab at present & I'm back in England, this man wants me to give up my life in the UK & move to Australia settle down & get married, I think it's great that he's shown commitment by going to get help, but the fear of a relapse worries me, I love this man very much I really want my life with him we are both 54
Old 09-14-2017, 09:53 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Webber,

That is wonderful that he is in rehab, and has committed to getting help. I was the one with alcohol problem, and I know I needed time to get myself back on track. Uprooting your life is a big commitment, you may want to give him some time to adjust to life sober after rehab before making that jump. Try visiting for a bit and give him time to show that he is planning to stay sober.
Old 09-14-2017, 10:05 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Webbers. What's the back story with him if you feel comfortable to share? How long has he been drinking and how problematic? Has he stopped and relapsed before? What made him go to rehab? The answers might help you assess his ability and underlying motives. He might have gone to rehab but that's a start. Commitment and change are needed to maintain it. That may take alot longer.

Don't go rushing to uproot your life until you are sure. And don't feel pressured until you are ready.