Notices

Throwing up acid after drinking

Old 09-14-2017, 07:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Throwing up acid after drinking

I had quit drinking for over 2 months. Tonight was my cousins bday so I thought I could drink again and drank 12 cans of 4% beer. When I came home I felt sick (I'm guessing my tolerance was weakened) and threw up.

When I was binge drinking regularly I use to throw up a lot but it was always throwing up the alcohol in large quantities. Tonight though there was hardly any vomit. Just lots of retching with just over a mouth full of acid each time. Anyone else experienced this? I thought all the beer would come back up, but no just really foamy acid. I didn't eat tonight either. Not sure if that contributed.
Old 09-14-2017, 08:51 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I did it after drinking without eating anything. And at the end, I wasn't eating so I was puking bile.
Old 09-15-2017, 01:32 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Been there with the dry renching and also the first drink of morning beer coming straight back up . Not nice not nice at all .
When in the middle of binging I wouldnt eat so all that was in my stomach was beer , voda or whatever , little wonder we are ill . I could polish off 12 x 440ml cans @4% and still want more . The obsession and compulsion started after the forst mouthful .
Can you start again and build up a plan so this doesnt happen , youv'e got 2 months so you can do it .
Unfortunately even sober 4 weeks or 4 years people report being even worse that where they left off .
I hope you don't drink tomorrow and get over this relapse .

Good luck
Old 09-15-2017, 02:37 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yep, and it is absolutely awful. It happened to me after brushing my teeth, after eating sometimes, by the end just any old time. It is definitely a sign that your body is damaged and severely rejecting alcohol. From my experience, I will also so that things got physically worse from this.

What is your plan to quit and stay sober this time?
Old 09-15-2017, 06:01 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi neverbeentimid

yeah that was me at the end stage of my alcoholism - wrecked my oesophagus and my teeth...

another compelling reason to stop drinking....for good,

D
Old 09-15-2017, 06:45 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Yes and Yes again. Mine was a bile acid mix. Blood several times too in the end.
Old 09-15-2017, 07:46 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hello. You might be where I was a couple of months ago. It was awful. In my experience, the next day was even worse. It was so difficult to eat anything, but not eating anything made me shaky and weak really badly.

So, for the next day's sake, I hope I can offer some advice:

Sip water, and sip milk.
Eat yoghurt.
When/If you can, eat a decent meal you can manage. Perhaps fried rice? It took me three hours to eat a single piece of toast when it happened to me.

Good luck. Take it easy, small bites and drinks, often. I really enjoyed sipping a sports drink with sugar and electrolytes.